My (with help from fellow posters) projected 53 as of now

On 5/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

McKelvin had one big fumble in 2009 on a kickoff return opening nite against New England.  I get that.  He also was the best punt returner we have had in the last two decades.  (McGhee returned kickoffs primarily)  If you can direct me to a better one, please do.  Roberts was not that last year.  

He fumbled another punt return against New England in 2014 on MNF. 

https://fansided.com/2015/11/23/bills-leodis-mckelvin-fumbles-return-video/

Then there was the KC game.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/09/bumbling-bills-fumble-away-17-13-loss-to-chiefs/18775595/

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

And then

We lost, 22-9 of course.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:48 PM, KOKBILLS said:

Johnson played 66% of ST's Downs and 22% of Defensive Downs as a Rookie...That's pretty good contribution for a 7th Rd pick out of NC A&T...Not saying he's going to develop the way I would like...But if I had to bet on the kid I would...He forced his way onto that Roster last year...It's up to him how good he can be...But again the ceiling is very good...

The Bills have WAY more depth now at DE and WAY more flexibility along the line period...Johnson is young and cheap...Just don't see the logic in keeping Murphy for one year over that kid who will be dirt cheap and the Bills property for 3 more years minimum...?

The logic would be - Murphy is better lol.  

On 5/3/2020 at 11:56 AM, Bangarang said:

Being tall shouldn’t be the main reason why a WR makes the team. Hodgins is a developmental prospect and unless he has a great showing at camp (if we have one) then he’s a long shot to make the roster. 

I assume pretty much every returner is taking kicks from out of the end zone.

What data do you have that shows Roberts is the only guy whose numbers are inflated for ALWAYS returning punts 8 yards deep?

Regardless of your feelings, Roberts was top 5 in kickoff returns, top 10 in punt returns and as a team we were 9th in starting field position.

He’s apparently doing his job well so I’m confused as to why you are so adamant on trying to replace him. 

Agree on Hodgins.  He has many guys to beat out for a role here in Mckenzie, foster, williams - who are all 26 or younger, and have played in the league.  

35 WRs were drafted this year, and he was #30.  If so many teams wanted him, and he was so talented he probably isn't selected that late.  He has a chance to stick, but he's likely inactive on gamedays if he made the roster.  He seems like a PS candidate, and developmental guy.  If they're concerned about keeping him, they could also IR him.  He can't practice but it keeps him safe going into 2021.  

On 5/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, akcash said:

OFFENSE

QB Allen Barkley Fromm

RB Singletary Moss Yeldon 

FB Dimarco

TE Knox Kroft Sweeney 

WR Diggs Brown Beasley McKenzie Davis Hodgins

OL Dawkins Spain Morse Ford Nsekhe

Feliciano Bates Long

DEFENSE
DE Hughes Addison Epenesa Murphy Johnson

DT Phillips Oliver Butler Jefferson Lotoulelei 

LB Edmunds Milano Klein Thompson Matakevich 

S Hyde Poyer Johnson Neal Marlowe

CB White Gaines Johnson Norman Wallace 

ST's

K Bass
P Vedvik
LS Ferguson 
KR/PR Roberts

Practice Squad (incomplete)
Duke Williams

Vosean Joseph

Jason Croom

Robert Foster
Dane Jackson

Trey Adams

Notes

I'm not sure if these players are practice squad eligible. If so I'd put them on the PS.

I love the security we get with Andre Robert's as our return guy and I just would like to keep that.

I also like the versatility Marlowe, Neal and Poyer bring as OLB depth in an emergency situation.

I think our WRs will get situation roles where you'll see Hodgins get some time in the slot to split with Beasley and in red zone situations. I could see the same with Gabe Davis spelling Brown down in the redzone... 

I think Bass makes it and Vedvik beats out Corey B. Gives us a backup kicker and backup KOS. Vedvik has a huge leg and he can concentrate on punting.

I'm super pumped.

The roster Beane and McDermott put together is so stacked and everything is accounted for and backed up. 

Go Bills.

Edit: It was originally a 55 man projection. Thanks to Logic for clarifying the details with that.

"There isn't a 55. It's still a 53.

The new rules state that you can bring two people up from your practice squad on a game week, but at the conclusion of that game, they must be released (and thus, subject to waivers), and then can be placed back on the practice squad. If you choose to keep the two new players on your active roster, you must release two other players. At the conclusion of each game week, there must still be 53 players on the roster."

Credit to a couple people to convinced me to keep Daryl Johnson as well. 

And after some thinking and good points in this thread, I decided to PS Robert Foster.

Credit to RichNoggin for convincing me to keep Corey Thompson. 

I really liked your lineup but 1) there is no way they keep Bates over the Carolina kid at the cheapo price they got him at  2) I somehow think they find a way to have Joseph on that final 53. He supposedly is bulked up now and he is a lethal hitter. So not sure if they slot him in place of Marlowe or as an extra LB. 

Edited by Locomark

On 5/2/2020 at 10:45 PM, BubbaT said:

I can't imagine them keeping 8 receivers, including Roberts, on the 53

And only keeping 8 on the OL.

Unless he gets injured I see Daryl Williams competing for the starting RT position and making the team. 

Vosean Joseph makes the team over Thompson, Matekavich replaces Thompson skill wise and S/T play as well. Odds are our three starting LB are Milano/Edmunds/Joesph. If Trey Adams and Daryl Williams are both healthy I think they make the team over Bates and Nsekhe.

I think Trey Adams  has to get hurt in the pre-season or else be on the 53. I read (sorry don't remember where) that he was THE most sought after free agent in the entire NFL after the draft, so he would be claimed before we could put him on the practice squad I suspect. His bonus was supposedly substantial.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:50 AM, matter2003 said:

Don't we mean 55 man roster?

Though the roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on gameday, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after gameday. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12 beginning this season.Mar 15, 2020

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, custcarcen said:

I think Trey Adams  has to get hurt in the pre-season or else be on the 53. I read (sorry don't remember where) that he was THE most sought after free agent in the entire NFL after the draft, so he would be claimed before we could put him on the practice squad I suspect. His bonus was supposedly substantial.

I'm rooting for him to make it. I could see him kicking somebody out or we keep one more lineman than I have... we have so much versatility on the line... I feel like if he proved himself if we only kept 8 could kick bates out and we could put Bates on the P squad if eligible. 

If Daryl Williams comes out and plays like he can and stays healthy.... there’s no way I see the Bills cutting a 28 year old one time All Pro who is under a money saving deal.... but then you have Nsekhe who is 36, 1 year left for twice as much who can’t stay healthy.....

“But he’s our backup LT”, he couldn’t be counted on last year being a backup right tackle!!! He tweaks anything in preseason he has to go!

There’s a huge love for Nsekhe and I just don’t see it.