Who will be the next Bills player to go on the wall?

Not just to be contrary. 

But i go with Josh Allen.

Seriously.  I'm not in love with Allen.  But none of the drought-era players deserves.  Kyle is kind of the best of them but that doesnt make him worthy.  If Biscuit isnt in yet, then nobody else deserves it.  Ralph is gone so any hard feelings are gone and any excuses for not being on the wall based on "Ralph hates me."  So if you haven't made it yet, you probably dont deserve it.

Therefore, it would have to be a current or future Bill.  So, its gonna be the QB who wins the first Bills SuperBowl.  There you go.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He started on the wall but got a 10 yard holding penalty and ended up on the lower deck.

I thought the 10 yard holding penalty was totally bogus! He moved early, it should have been only 5 yards and a dead play. 

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Aaron Schobel was significantly better than Jerry Hughes

I will disagree as far as significantly better.  He played on a lot of bad teams and I probably have forgotten a lot of Aaron Schobel hilites.  I would at least put them in the same discussion though.

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I will disagree as far as significantly better.  He played on a lot of bad teams and I probably have forgotten a lot of Aaron Schobel hilites.  I would at least put them in the same discussion though.

Agreed, significantly better was a strech on my end. Hope Hughes has a big year!

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Not just to be contrary. 

But i go with Josh Allen.

Seriously.  I'm not in love with Allen.  But none of the drought-era players deserves.  Kyle is kind of the best of them but that doesnt make him worthy.  If Biscuit isnt in yet, then nobody else deserves it.  Ralph is gone so any hard feelings are gone and any excuses for not being on the wall based on "Ralph hates me."  So if you haven't made it yet, you probably dont deserve it.

Therefore, it would have to be a current or future Bill.  So, its gonna be the QB who wins the first Bills SuperBowl.  There you go.

So....you think they will add not one player for the next 20 years? IF Josh goes up, it’s after a long successful career, say 15 more years at least. Then there is the rest period, so you are talking 20+ years.

You have a lot of players who could/should go up before that. Butch Byrd is my #1 (I don’t know how he’s not up already!), but Biscuit, Kyle and Freddie all warrant consideration. 

I’d bet HEAVY money Josh is not the next guy.....and I don’t even bet. Just sayin’. 

Edited by Augie

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

So....you think they will add not one player for the next 20 years? IF Josh goes up, it’s after a long successful career, say 15 more years at least. Then there is the rest period, so you are talking 20+ years.

You have a lot of players who could/should go up before that. Butch Byrd is my #1 (I don’t know how he’s not up already!), but Biscuit, Kyle and Freddie all warrant consideration. 

I’d bet HEAVY money Josh is not the next guy.....and I don’t even bet. Just sayin’. 

Its not like the HOF where its supposedly a numbers game where guys have to wait forever.  You're either a Bills Wall of Famer or you're not.  We shouldnt put Curtis Martin in just because.

And yes, in my post I said it might take 20 years because no drought-era players really deserve it.  I dont know what will be the sudden push to put some names up just because we havent done it in a while.

Unfortuntely, 20 years.  Unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Its not like the HOF where its supposedly a numbers game where guys have to wait forever.  You're either a Bills Wall of Famer or you're not.  We shouldnt put Curtis Martin in just because.

And yes, in my post I said it might take 20 years because no drought-era players really deserve it.  I dont know what will be the sudden push to put some names up just because we havent done it in a while.

Unfortuntely, 20 years.  Unfortunately.

We can agree to disagree. Did you watch Butch Byrd play?  “Maddenboy” would imply not, but I try not to make assumptions. He’s the guy who got HOF’er Paul Warfield every game. I was there. Bills all-time leader in INT’s,. He belongs on the Wall. 

For anyone doubting Aaron Schobel ... nine years in the NFL.  All nine years with the Bills   Eight of nine years he played 16 games.

78 sacks in nine years, including four years between 10 and 14 sacks per year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bennett pled guilty to rape.  He will never ever see the WOF.  I'd go with Moulds or Josh Allen.

No he didn't and the Josh Allen suggestion is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1