Who will be the next Bills player to go on the wall?

13 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Other than the Brady pick in New England, I can't remember one play Schobel ever made for the Bills. How he managed to get all those sacks yet still remain invisible is impressive. Also, he seemed permanently ornery.

That’s kind of how I feel too. Maybe it’s just because of how all those seasons went. It was just a career of irrelevance and he had a humble personality. Just nothing he ever did stood out and you didn’t really notice him. Or at least I didn’t. You almost had to be told he’s good. That’s a strange thing to say about a guy. Mario Williams was awesome but people down play what he did. I think fans thought he was going to get a sack on every play and when he didn’t, it was a let down. Mario was incredible and stood out when you watched him but will be forgotten over time. Schobel blended in with the scenery but he’s talked about with the great D lineman in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 1

Is Darryl Talley on the wall?  He had a great career.  And was a big time leader on the team for many years.  

Schobel was good for the nine years he played for us.  But I don't think he dominated game in and game out.  Was he better then Jerry Hughes?  Interesting debate there.  

Bennett was tremendous.  Made many big plays for many years.  Was a great athlete.  Didn't he return a blocked FG against the Broncos late in a game at Rich in 90 that got us going in our first Super Bowl Season?  I have this memory in my head going nuts watching that.  He should be on the Wall for sure!

Moulds was a beast at WR.  Yes he should get serious consideration.  

Butch Byrd was before my time.  But his numbers look tremendous.  So was Edgerson.  Heard he was really good also.  Bills had a lot of really good players in the 60's it sounds like.  Aren't George Saimes and Tom Sestak on the wall.  Anyone know much about them?

One of my favorites from the draught years was Terrence McGhee.  Tremendous Kickoff return man.  Very good DB.  Good team leader.  Just a very good football player.  If he was around today, would be a great slot corner this decade also.   Injuries took their toll at the end on him, like they do to so many in the sport.

I always thought Ruben Brown was a bit overrated.  Took a lot of penalties.  Jim Ritcher was a dam good O lineman.  That Super Bowl line was tremendous.  

As a kid I remember watching Bob Chandler.  He was special.  He was our Fred Bilitnekoff.   Jerry Butler had some great games also.  Too bad injuries cut his career short.

If Antoine Winfield had not been allowed to leave, he would be on the wall today.  And of course Kyle.  He will be on the wall at some point in the next 5 years. 

32 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Is Darryl Talley on the wall?  He had a great career.  And was a big time leader on the team for many years.  

I had to go look up the WOF'ers to confirm because I was gonna nominate him also. He is.

Happy to see that MY season ticket year of 1992, we ALL got on the wall as 12th man! Stupid Seattle fans think they invented that.

I vote for Biscuit, and darn it had we kept Jason Peters, he'd DEFINITELY be next.

After reading others choices, I gotta go with Moulds, not that Kyle is underserving, but it’s Eric Moulds time. Add CB at the same time. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

14 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Seriously, Fred met more??.

Most of his time he didn't even start. Good team guy, effort, citizen for sure but Gilchrist was a different league. In a day when black was bad, when personality was not allowed, when an athletes voice was frowned on Cookie was the man.

He was disliked because of race by many...and ignored as a result. Hell, Bills fans loved kickers more than Cookie , Pete Gogolak.unless you were at the rockpile every week, or in the CFL stadium. 

I don't know, man. My crew were Cookie fanatics and still are. Maybe the greatest player of all time. "Lookie lookie, here comes Cookie."

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Brown is definitely a forgotten guy here. He was one of the few I was alluding to when I mentioned the Flutie years.

Still lives in Buffalo, doesn't he?

Bicuit, Kyle and Fred are my top 3 choices. If Cookie isn't there, he most certainly should be. Cookie held the record for most rushing yards in a game (248) until OJ broke it. He was underappreciated.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Bicuit, Kyle and Fred are my top 3 choices. If Cookie isn't there, he most certainly should be. Cookie held the record for most rushing yards in a game (248) until OJ broke it. He was underappreciated.

DNU9t6DUEAA9rgo.jpg

I don’t want to veer off on “what could have been”.....but this type of thing makes me think about what Cowart could have been, had injuries not ruined it. He might be on there today or maybe even have the # retired. The possibilities were endless with that guy. Jason Peters is a first ballot hall of famer and that sucks, but it’s different with Cowart. You just never even got to see. Even if he did it somewhere else (like Peters) It just sucks that he never even got the chance.

Looking at the WoF, the.n seeing Phil Hansen Up there makes me believe that Fred Jacksons name will be up there in due time.  Maybe not next, but he will rise eventually

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I had to go look up the WOF'ers to confirm because I was gonna nominate him also. He is.

Happy to see that MY season ticket year of 1992, we ALL got on the wall as 12th man! Stupid Seattle fans think they invented that.

I vote for Biscuit, and darn it had we kept Jason Peters, he'd DEFINITELY be next.

Thanks for the response w the good news on Talley Seasons 1992.  He was a tremendous player and leader for the Bills.  And a great player at West Virginia as well.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

Schobel is long overdue.

Kyle should and will likely get his chance.

Fred is a fan favorite, but not sure if he'll get up there.  Gilchrest made it and Fred meant a lot more to the Bills for a lot longer.

Remove the murderer and there will be more room.

Put Fred on the wall and put him on NOW.

• Like (+1) 2

On order of when they should go up (only guys that I’ve seen):

- Bennett (WAY overdue...the 4th best player on the Super Bowl teams in my opinion)

- Brown (overrated or not he played in 8 straight pro bowls and was a 4 time All-pro as a member of the Bills. If Richter is up there Brown DEFINITELY is)

- Moulds (3 pro bowls, 2 all-pros and dominant stretches)

- Kyle (heart and soul of the team, 6x pro bowl)

- Schobel (better than Hansen, 78 sacks, 2 Pro Bowls)

- Fred (Leader of the team and consistently good player)

- Moorman (2 pro bowl, 2 all-pro and best community guy in franchise history)

- Takeo Spikes (short stretch of dominance)

• Like (+1) 1

Biscuit

Moulds

Ruben

Tony Greene

Reggie McKenzie

Butch Byrd

Jerry Butler

Kyle

Fred

Schobel

Odomes

Charles Romes

To me, Biscuit is long overdue.  

My pop said Byrd should be on the wall.

Edited by purple haze

6 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Schobel was good for the nine years he played for us.  But I don't think he dominated game in and game out.  Was he better then Jerry Hughes?  Interesting debate there.  

Bennett was tremendous.  Made many big plays for many years.  Was a great athlete.  Didn't he return a blocked FG against the Broncos late in a game at Rich in 90 that got us going in our first Super Bowl Season?  I have this memory in my head going nuts watching that.  He should be on the Wall for sure!

Moulds was a beast at WR.  Yes he should get serious consideration.  

Butch Byrd was before my time.  But his numbers look tremendous.  So was Edgerson.  Heard he was really good also.  Bills had a lot of really good players in the 60's it sounds like.  Aren't George Saimes and Tom Sestak on the wall.  Anyone know much about them?

One of my favorites from the draught years was Terrence McGhee.  Tremendous Kickoff return man.  Very good DB.  Good team leader.  Just a very good football player.  If he was around today, would be a great slot corner this decade also.   Injuries took their toll at the end on him, like they do to so many in the sport.

I always thought Ruben Brown was a bit overrated.  Took a lot of penalties.  Jim Ritcher was a dam good O lineman.  That Super Bowl line was tremendous.  

As a kid I remember watching Bob Chandler.  He was special.  He was our Fred Bilitnekoff.   Jerry Butler had some great games also.  Too bad injuries cut his career short.

If Antoine Winfield had not been allowed to leave, he would be on the wall today.  And of course Kyle.  He will be on the wall at some point in the next 5 years. 

Aaron Schobel was significantly better than Jerry Hughes

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Aaron Schobel was significantly better than Jerry Hughes

I’m not sure that I agree with that honestly. Hughes has been very good at times and also wasn’t even starting in the beginning. The Dlines Hughes played on in the beginning were excellent. A lot of the sacks Hughes could have had, were swallowed up by other big time players. I realize that point could work for or against Jerry, but there were stretches when Hughes stood out. Even amongst some of the greats on his own team. Hughes was constantly disruptive and took games over. The on field discipline was lacking early on and mental mistakes were plentiful unfortunately. But Hughes was a game changer off the edge for a 2-3 year window. 

I can’t ever remember feeling like Schobel was impacting games the way “prime” Jerry Hughes did. I think most of Schobels sack totals were in low leverage, borderline garbage time seasons. Hughes also isn’t done yet. When he is done, he may be pretty close in the overall numbers. I’m not trying to say Hughes is clearly better, or even that he was better at all....I just don’t think I agree with Schobel being “significantly” better then Jerry. If Schobel was better at all, it was marginal IMO.