Who will be the next Bills player to go on the wall?

The (usually intolerable) Schopp and the Bulldog actually ran a pretty solid show Friday. They each drafted their own “all time Bills Defenses” and it was a nice break from reality. It kind of has me thinking about Bills of the past and who will be next to be recognized. Common thought will most likely be that it’s Kyle Williams but that doesn’t have to be right.

Most of the big time 90s guys are taken care of and most of the pre super bowl year guys are too. The Flutie years were fun and a few of those players were really good. The drought era really left a lot to be desired. There was few solid players that stuck it out and a few excellent ones that didn’t last but nobody really jumps out at you. Guys like Fred, Eric Wood, Moorman and Kyle all have arguments for being up there but a lot goes into it. Im going to say the next guy is Moulds. I’m actually not really sure how he isn’t up there yet but I’m sure it’s personal. Moulds is the second best WR to ever play for the organization and is a no brained IMO. There’s not a ton to talk about right now, so I figured I’d throw in a change of pace. Who do you guys say is next?

• Like (+1) 1

Schobel is long overdue.

Kyle should and will likely get his chance.

Fred is a fan favorite, but not sure if he'll get up there.  Gilchrest made it and Fred meant a lot more to the Bills for a lot longer.

Remove the murderer and there will be more room.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Schobel is so weird for me. I can’t ever remember thinking he was really that good but he was pretty solid. He’s like one of those guys that you almost didn’t realize was “good” until he stopped playing. Like to me, Hughes is probably better. It might not end up being remembered that way but I just never felt strong about Schobel. Maybe it’s just me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Schobel is long overdue.

Kyle should and will likely get his chance.

Fred is a fan favorite, but not sure if he'll get up there.  Gilchrest made it and Fred meant a lot more to the Bills for a lot longer.

Remove the murderer and there will be more room.

Seriously, Fred met more??.

Most of his time he didn't even start. Good team guy, effort, citizen for sure but Gilchrist was a different league. In a day when black was bad, when personality was not allowed, when an athletes voice was frowned on Cookie was the man.

He was disliked because of race by many...and ignored as a result. Hell, Bills fans loved kickers more than Cookie , Pete Gogolak.unless you were at the rockpile every week, or in the CFL stadium. 

• Awesome! (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Seriously, Fred met more??.

Most of his time he didn't even start. Good team guy, effort, citizen for sure but Gilchrist was a different league. In a day when black was bad, when personality was not allowed, when an athletes voice was frowned on Cookie was the man.

He was disliked because of race by many...and ignored as a result. Hell, Bills fans loved kickers more than Cookie , Pete Gogolak.unless you were at the rockpile every week, or in the CFL stadium. 

He played for the Bills or 3 years.

They might go with a native WNY'r in Shane Conlan.  Not a real long career with the Bills but was part of the rise out of obscurity.  Did I read right that Bennett is not up there yet?  Moulds deserves consideration but my feeling is that TPTB are looking a little further back in time.

Dark horse candidate.  Charles Romes 1977-1986.  Played in every game he was on the roster and is placed at 8th all time in number of games started for the Bills.  No Jerry Butler to this point?

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 2