Bears decline 5th year option on Trubisky

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

KOD for a QB

Also using a 4th rd pick to trade for Foles means they want him to play imo 

I've wondered IF the Bears picked Mahomes would KC have moved up for Trubisky?

That would change a lot of posts on this board!  LOL.

• Like (+1) 2

Foles is gonna have to screw the pooch to not be the starter, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don’t think Reid would have done that for anyone but Mahomes. Trubisky only had a handful of college starts, and I think that was an important factor for teams (other than Chicago, obviously).

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Thank you (+1) 3

He had his 15 minutes of fame in his 2nd season but it looks like he’ll be another guy who was crowned a franchise QB too early. 

Also, Foles is going to eclipse Josh McCown for being the ultimate journeyman.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think Trubisky is done for good but he’s done in Chicago. He was really raw coming out of college and things just seemed to get off on the wrong foot from the beginning. He was booed at the Bulls game the night after he was drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He had his 15 minutes of fame in his 2nd season but it looks like he’ll be another guy who was crowned a franchise QB too early. 

Fitzpatrick still reigns supreme

• Like (+1) 9

I don’t think Trubisky is as bad as he showed last year, but he’s also not very good either. Expectations were so high so he was kind of doomed from the beginning.

I think he was dealing with some injuries last season, he’s usually fairly mobile but he wasn’t running at all last year. Should be interesting to see how this plays out in Chicago, Foles isn’t the model of health so Trubisky should get a look next year. 

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

yeah- he’s that cautionary tale of what a plateau after year 2 looks like. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Trubisky is done for good but he’s done in Chicago. He was really raw coming out of college and things just seemed to get off on the wrong foot from the beginning. He was booed at the Bulls game the night after he was drafted.

Would not be surprised to see him end up in Carolina as a backup next season. Or Tenn. 

Teddy/Tanny, Mitch and a rookie battling for the QB spot in a season or two.

43 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They would have moved up for Watson & the conversation would be the same.  

Here's something I haven't seen discussed very often:  If Rex Ryan was still the coach, the Bills would have taken Watson.  No way Rex lets a Clemson guy get away.  

This isn’t the nail in his coffin people are making it out to be.  The franchise tag is $24 million, and the 5th year option is $19 million.  No reason to risk guaranteeing him for injury unless they’re 90% sure they want him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Unfortunately, if Trubisky was there at 10

I think we would have taken him. I think he was the guy McDermott liked and when he was taken, he punted on quarterback. They worked him out a bunch of times and even had Terry Pegula fly down to chapel hill to meet him. I think Mitch was their guy. So the negative posts quota would have remained the same, if not worse. 

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

This isn’t the nail in his coffin people are making it out to be.  The franchise tag is $24 million, and the 5th year option is $19 million.  No reason to risk guaranteeing him for injury unless they’re 90% sure they want him.

He’s done in Chicago. They’re going to move on.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

I disagree completely. If the Bears thought he could still be their franchise QB they 100% pick up the option. There is a possibility that he turns things around and ends up signing an extension but it doesn’t appear likely that he will even play. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

No. Veach and Reid were in love with Mahomes. From what I heard they'd have taken Watson if he had fallen down the board but the only guy they were giving up a future #1 for was Mahomes.

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s done in Chicago. They’re going to move on.

I agree long term he is done. He will start at least some of this year though. Foles sucks too.

• Like (+1) 1