How Will the 2020-2021 Season Look?

When Will the Season Start? Will Fans Be in Attendance?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. When Will the Regular Season Start (First Sunday)?

• On Time (Sept. 13)
    • 1-4 Weeks Later (Sept. 20-Oct. 11)
    • 5-8 Weeks Later (Oct. 18- Nov. 8)
    • Mid-November to Late December
    • There Will Be No Season
  2. 2. Will Fans Be in Attendance?

• Yes ... From Week 1 through the Super Bowl
    • Yes ... Not Right Away, But at Some Point During the Regular Season
    • Yes ... Beginning With Playoffs
    • Super Bowl, Only
    • No Fans at Any Point

50 minutes ago, Gugny said:

With 67 voting, 80% believe the season will start by Oct. 11 - and 66% believe there will be butts in the seats at some point during the regular season.

I'm so on the fence with fans. In NYS, i think they will be extra cautious here. I wouldnt expect to be allowed to go, but If I was, Im not sure I'd want to

I have anxiety going to target for an hour. The idea of sitting in the crowds of people who come from all over, shouting and drinking and slapping hands. Its a breeding ground. It makes me very nervous thinking about it

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

A couple months have passed since this poll was put up.

Obviously, this is a COVID-19 related topic ... but please don't make it another politically charged Covid thread.  This is a good topic and should generate decent conversation.

Please don't be a dick.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

come september i think it will start on time....no fans in the stadiums at first than i think they will slowly allow people in likely half capacity etc with distancing.......this all depends if this covid crap continues to spiral....I just want my buffalo bills football!!!

Just now, JPP said:

come september i think it will start on time....no fans in the stadiums at first than i think they will slowly allow people in likely half capacity etc with distancing.......this all depends if this covid crap continues to spiral....I just want my buffalo bills football!!!  I think true test lies ahead.....nba & nhl supposed to start at the end of this month....lets see how that goes will give us a clear idea about the nfl......

It shouldn't be too much to require that fans wear a mask and seat groups of fans that come together in clusters, maintaining a proper distance from other groups. They could also filter the crowd into seats by their seating locations so everyone isn't clogging up the walkways together. Same on the way out. You could maybe fill 1/4th of the stadium safely???

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 12:13 PM, Golden Goat said:

I think they're nuts if they allow fans this year, but I think the mighty $ will persevere.

Why would they be nuts to allow fans? 

You realize this hole thing is basically a hoax right? 

Edited by Klaista2k

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

A friend of mine who has COVID-19 would laugh in your face, but he cant because breathing has become problematic for him. Total hoax. ? 

13 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

My mother had it in March, she recovered after being very sick for a week but hasn't had the same level of energy since. But you know if something doesn't impact you directly then it is a hoax right?

17 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

You are so effing cute.  Bless your little heart.

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I personally think the season should be cancelled. I don't look forward to teams having large portions of their star players unable to play due to COVID. All the wins and losses, including the SB winers will have asterisks assocciated with them.

I fear the season will start and turn illigitimate rather quickly.

If they can't start on time I would hope they would delay it and see if they can push back the start date like baseball. Who says the Super Bowl has to be won the 1st Sunday in Feb. You can play into the rest of Feb and even March. Those are the worst months for sports IMHO. I am not a college basketball fan or NBA for that matter. I love hockey but its 4th in popularity in the big 4 of sports.

Edited by Greg S

Fans attending games is pure profit for the owners, much of it in pure cash. There would seem to be no way that they let an entire season pass without any fans. We are talking of untold millions consisting of 15 dollar beers and 50 dollars to park in some stadiums, let alone souvenirs, high ticket prices and everything else.

I know these owners are super rich, but they didn't get that way by turning down money, and at the end of the day they control most of the politicians.

Jmo.

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

All the wins and losses, including the SB winers will have asterisks assocciated with them.

Who cares?

I just voted for "Season starts on time" and "Fans at some point".  

I'm a bit iffy on "Fans at some point", but if we develop therapeutics to combat COVID, which it looks like we might be able to bring to the public during the season, I can see it happening.  

This is definitely not a "hoax", but it's also a bit of a media manipulation.  The death rate is is currently somewhere between 5-10 for every 1,000 infected, and that includes the elderly, who are, by far, the majority of those deaths.  I know quite a few people who have gotten this, and they all were varying degrees of sick from asymptomatic to feeling like a severe flu, but people also get sick, and die, from other viruses every year...and yes, other viruses do also, rarely, have lingering/long term side effects.  

There's no vaccine - Therefore, this is clearly a different animal, so wear a mask, be considerate, socially distance where you can, but at some point we need to bring rational thought back into this.  If we develop therapeutics and fans are willing to mask-up and go to games down the line if/when we have a better handle on case loads, why not allow fans back into the stadiums?   If you're a healthy person, under 70, chances are incredibly high that even if you catch this, you're going to be fine.   

I also won't complain if things stay as they are and we don't have fans... I get it.  I just wish people, on both extremes of this argument, would stop calling it a "hoax" and stop acting like it's an ultra-infectious strain of super-ebola.

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I believe a lot of NFL fans do. Lets say the Bills win the SB this year, facing teams like the Chiefs without Mahomes, Ravens without Jackson in the playoff's etc. If that is the only SB Allen and McDermott win, you'd never hear the end of the asterisk excuse, Bills never won a real SB talk, etc.

If we can't have a legitimate NFL season I'd rather not have a season at all. 

Already the prospect of no fans just kills the whole idea of a season, let alone swaths of starters being quarantined.

OK, I will respectfully disagree. I see your point, but imo championships never come in a vacuum. If Buffalo wins a title it will be due to the fact that we played the best of any team under the given circumstances.

I would be ecstatic and think that most Bills Fans would also be. If another team wins, I truthfully would not care.

jmo.

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I think, a large portion of fandom has to due with garnering respect from other fan bases. A CoronaBowl victory would likely do the opposite. Just see how upset Pats fans get when you talk about cheating asterisks'.

Patriots were in control of their cheating.