Favorite Sitcoms of all time?

I'm not a massive fan of American comedy in general (no offence, I prefer your dramas and football) but the ones I'd say I enjoyed are Cheers, Frazier & The Goldbergs. 

The Simpsons and Family Guy do get watch too. The Simpsons is great as I can watch that with my son. He enjoys the fact it's a cartoon and is silly and I can take in the humour which isn't obvious to young children. 

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

The Simpsons and Family Guy do get watch too. The Simpsons is great as I can watch that with my son. He enjoys the fact it's a cartoon and is silly and I can take in the humour which isn't obvious to young children. 

'The Simpsons' works very well on sneaking things past young or naive ears.  'Family Guy' is about as subtle as being hit by a train. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'The Simpsons' works very well on sneaking things past young or naive ears.  'Family Guy' is about as subtle as being hit by a train. 

Oh yes, the little one doesn't watch Family Guy. I'm not sure I could answer the questions it would raise! 

10 hours ago, BritBill said:

I'm not a massive fan of American comedy in general (no offence, I prefer your dramas and football) but the ones I'd say I enjoyed are Cheers, Frazier & The Goldbergs. 

So what British comedies are worth a watch? I've seen Coupling, and the first two or three seasons or so are as funny as anything I've ever seen. What haven't I heard of?

On 5/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Seinfeld is #1 and it isn’t even close, IMO.

I tend to agree with you, but for its era, Cheers was exceptionally good as well.

I would also put Curb Your Enthusiasm in the mix, if we are to consider that a traditional sitcom.

13 hours ago, ocemur said:

So what British comedies are worth a watch? I've seen Coupling, and the first two or three seasons or so are as funny as anything I've ever seen. What haven't I heard of?

Comedy is such a personal thing. Like taste in music and what you look for in the opposite sex (or same sex!). 

My favourite British comedies are Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, The Inbetweeners and House of Fools of the more modern era. Some of the "oldies" I like are Porridge, Citizen Smith and Only Fools & Horses. Although over the years OF&H has been overplayed. One of the Sky channels is basically devoted to it. 

On 5/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, ocemur said:

The Young Ones. Black Adder. The Good Life. Bottom. The Comic Strip Presents.

• Like (+1) 1