Favorite Sitcoms of all time?

59 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Love the Curb. I have a friend who is a huge Arrested Development fan. I never watched it. Might be worth checking out during the quarantine. 

Freaks and Geeks.  Once you see all the episodes you will be greatly disappointed that it only made it through one season.  Pretty real kids and adults unlike That 70's Show.  So real that it might make you a little uncomfortable until you realize you made it through high school OK.  Recommend the one where Haverchuck's mom is dating the gym teacher and Haverchuck makes a prank call to him as your sampler.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Was not expecting Are You Being Served?.  That is the wives favorite.

I would go:

MASH

Married with Children

FuturamaChildren

Cheers

WKRP

Night Court

“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.”

All-time CLASSIC!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Agreed on Seinfeld. 

As for underrated - there used to be a show on Fox Sunday nights called The War At Home. Michael Rappaport was the lead but it was only around a few seasons. Awesome show. 

If cartoons are also being mentioned I'll throw The Critic out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

All great answers given. There is a recent show that just ended it’s run that will go down as an all-time classic, Shitt$ Creek. Catharine O’Hara plays a character, Moira Rose, that is instantly iconic..

If you haven’t seen it, start binging it now. You won’t be sorry.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Jerk said:

If cartoons are also being mentioned I'll throw The Critic out there. 

Great call, The Critic is an underrated gem.  Lovitz, the movie spoofs, Ted Turner send up, NYC, etc.  I still have the DVD box set on my shelf.

Cartoons need a whole different thread.

Hogan's Heroes

Oh and I am sure Shultz was in on the whole thing.  Too many times plans would have fallen apart without Shultz.

"I know nothing".

BTW Robert Clary is last surviving regular cast member.

I remember listened to one of his jazz compositions.

the best ones have already been listed, but I’ll add a few honorable mentions

McHale’s Navy was a favorite when I was a kid. Tim Conway was great. 

That 70s Show was ok.

Parks and Recreation, but that might just be because I like to see Aubrey Plaza and her cold, soulless, self centered, lazy character.

7 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

All great answers given. There is a recent show that just ended it’s run that will go down as an all-time classic, Shitt$ Creek. Catharine O’Hara plays a character, Moira Rose, that is instantly iconic..

If you haven’t seen it, start binging it now. You won’t be sorry.

I will wait until the final season is free; but this show is INCREDIBLE. Highly recommended.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Parks and Recreation, but that might just be because I like to see Aubrey Plaza and her cold, soulless, self centered, lazy character.

State Plaza GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T&C said:

Some of the shows mentioned aren't sitcoms... oh how we have strayed. ?

I don’t see cartoons as sitcoms, but then, I don’t watch cartoons. What do I know?    ?‍♂️