NFL: "We Plan to Start on Time" - 17-Week Schedules to Be Released Thursday, 8pm ET on NFL Network

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

PLayers lives dont count? PLayers relatives lives dont count? Equipment managers lives dont count?  Put people at risk just sos you can have your football?

It is either safe to play or it is not. No plyer should have to make a choice between seeing his loved ones for 6 months or playing. Make a decision one way or the otheer

I specifically recognized how it’s dangerous...just like the game is when there is no pandemic. My only hope is, as a fan, that they come up with a way to push forward even if it doesn’t include fans. If they can’t, I would certainly understand it. 

Believe me, I recognize how terrible this is as I’m immunocompromised. If I get it, I’m toast (and a single Dad so that weighs on me every minute of every day). I’m just wishing for some semblance of normality and sports (football and hockey in particular) are a big part of that for me. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

OK.  As I said, let's get testing going so we can track things going forward.

Not trying to get testy, but the problem we ALL have right now is this has become a political battle. And I , like you, want it to be based on science, wherever that may lead. Hopefully we as a country can get there. 

Be great if we had enough tests for everyone to do everyday, but I don’t that realistic. Hospitalizations is the key, I think, and ICU usage. 

back to football, I said lest week I think they strongly encourage no one over 65  or any other high risk group attend the games ( sorry  @Augie, you can come next year) have temp checks at gate ( for appearances only) , masks will be highly encouraged, and we need to figure out the beer situation! 

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not trying to get testy, but the problem we ALL have right now is this has become a political battle. And I , like you, want it to be based on science, wherever that may lead. Hopefully we as a country can get there. 

Be great if we had enough tests for everyone to do everyday, but I don’t that realistic. Hospitalizations is the key, I think, and ICU usage. 

back to football, I said lest week I think they strongly encourage no one over 65  or any other high risk group attend the games ( sorry  @Augie, you can come next year) have temp checks at gate ( for appearances only) , masks will be highly encouraged, and we need to figure out the beer situation! 

Please Venmo me the $100 you bet last week that I’d be at the opener!  :)

And while the first digit of my age recently became a “6”, I’ve got years to go, young fella! 

Seriously, how would they enforce that. Do I need to get a fake ID as an adult?  I get why they wouldn’t let me into movie theater to see boobies when I was 13 (though I’m STILL not happy about it), but if I’m a grown man and decide to take the risk???

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 5/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, Gugny said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29126378/nfl-set-release-full-17-week-schedule-next-week-league-spokesman-says

The league will release its 2020 schedule late next week without any major changes, league spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed -- including a Sept. 10 opener, the Super Bowl on Feb. 7 and visions of fans in the stands.

"We plan to start on time," McCarthy said.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported in mid-April that the league planned to release its schedule, based on a full season, by May 9. NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent told The Associated Press this week that the league is doing "reasonable and responsible planning" regarding health and safety during the coronavirus pandemic.

There is a pandemic?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I hear you.  

I'm hoping the season starts with, at least, some fans able to attend games.  This is the best home schedule the Bills have had in a while.  Masks and temperature taking will  probably be a must for what good it is.  But say a paying customer shows up with a higher than normal temperature, especially if they've been tailgating (drinking) first how will that work not allowing them in?  Could be super ugly.  

Edited by purple haze

Hello everyone it’s been quite a bit since I posted but now that I’ve been working from home I have more distractions from my computer haha 

Anyhoo with the schedule postponed until Thursday  and delayed in general it made it tough to post about it. 

There has not been a schedule with more uncertainty then this one which makes all prior beliefs and predictions incredibly tough. There has been some really really good posts by many and Yolos topic is awesome currently.

Before I get to my piece just a quick insider tip about training camp. I have a very tight source to Fisher where training camp is and at this point things are expected as normal. If it is cancelled/moved it is because of the NFL/Bills decision to do so nothing more.

Now schedule wise going with the fact that nothing is normal expect the unexpected. Is it possible the first four games are NFC? Absolutely. Is it possible the first six games are all NFC and two non division meaning the first division game isn’t until week 7? Yes. While I believe the NFL is hell bent on 16 games they will set it up in way to maximize to their liking so if they need to go to a 12 or 14 game schedule they protect the division piece.

With that said I expect more flex games then ever this year with the 7th wildcard. A lot of people including myself saw the Bills with 3-4 night games in stone, but at this point I think it’s two night games and ability for the NFL to move the last 2-3 weeks worth of games to night. With the NFL already facing reduced revenues due to Corona and the uncertainty of full stadiums you will probably see them go to their favorite big markets teams a bit more given the ratings guarantee. That’s no slight at Buffalo we will get our games, but expect NE NYJ to get equal or more for no reason other then it’s more money. Additionally with no international games it means more teams competing for primetime. Primetime games to mean are any evening games and the 4pm national slots. 

My final predictions for national games are as follows:

@ARZ TNF

LAR SNF

@SF 4:25 nationally

KC 4:25 nationally 

Flex Games:

at NYJ Saturday

NE home Sunday final week

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I thought they try to have thursday night games be a short commute for the away team.

Yes and no depends on travel and what teams prefer. Packers Eagles played last year. The guy in charge of the schedule said they try to honor requests like if you want to play back to back west coast they’ll do it, but don’t get made if it isn’t 100% what you want. Every team wants to be home at night but you need to have opponents 

18 minutes ago, corta765 said:

because of the NFL/Bills decision

You kind of lost me here, to be honest. The league has to keep things equal and, given that the ‘open’ states will be required to have the same restrictions as the ‘closed’ states (read: NY). Whatever happens, it will be for all.

Lastly, of course they want to play all games...it is a business after all. ? 

44 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The schedule will be released on Thursday night at 8:00 in a 3-hour special on NFL Network.

And don't forget the 5 hour pre-show on NFL Network, where everyone will be predicting how the schedule turns out.

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

You kind of lost me here, to be honest. The league has to keep things equal and, given that the ‘open’ states will be required to have the same restrictions as the ‘closed’ states (read: NY). Whatever happens, it will be for all.

Lastly, of course they want to play all games...it is a business after all. ? 

having training camp at a team facility is the equivalent of the Bills doing it at Fisher. The equality piece matters more in terms of opening team facilities in general 

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

having training camp at a team facility is the equivalent of the Bills doing it at Fisher. The equality piece matters more in terms of opening team facilities in general 

Ummmmm...no. If a team in a closed state (NY) can’t get together, then neither can a team in an open state (TX). Parity. 

Not anywhere close to the same. 

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ummmmm...no. If a team in a closed state (NY) can’t get together, then neither can a team in an open state (TX). Parity. 

I’m going off the assumption the states are opened. There is no season if things are closed. 

now I do agree with I’m not sure how fair it is if the three California teams play in stadiums with no fans but other states do

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Nothing prevents teams from having camps out of state and even preseason games.

• Thank you (+1) 1