E:60 Project 11 about Alex Smith - Must See TV

On 5/3/2020 at 7:24 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

They didn’t cover any of that I don’t think. It’s very evident that the pressure sleeve he wears is hiding quite a bit.

I don't think they can do much more.  Risking surgery to "make it look better" is highly unlikely, could only see them going back if medically necessary.  

Pressure sleeve certainly helps with circulation, and to some extent pain too.  But as you righfully said, the amputation consideration was needed at the time, as becoming septic and risking spread to other areas of the body could have been fatal..  Amputatiom could be still in the cards.  With the muscle and tissue transplant, healing varies greatly from person to person.  Possible, not saying likely, that Alex perhaps gives this more consideration as his kids get older and his lifestyle may become less active.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is just crazy...

1063010831_Screenshot2020-05-04at8_35.11AM-1.thumb.jpeg.d0c71b0bdc6eae4cf7e9344d99cca421.jpeg

Wow, that is really crazy.  

Got me thinking about Alexs comments, in regard to what he remembered from that play.  He said he remembers identifying Houstons blitz, and adjusting his blocking protections.

For a Blitzer to come that free, it looked like the RB was supposed to "cross block" the blitzing defender between guard and tackle on Alex's right side.  Not a soap box moment or anything, and I have no clue if I'm right or not, but certainly shows value in having a RB who can pass protect.  Blink of an eye to lose your franchise QB, definitely a shame.

• Like (+1) 2