Is Stidham any good?

12 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

“Tommy Boy” and “Belicheat”. ...... as you referred to them ..... I got it ... I know what’s driving you now .... PDS (Patriots Derangement Syndrome).  

No, just using the facts that he got lucky when he stumbled on Brady and how much cheating helped them.  But by all means, go ahead and draft Stidham in the first round of your 2020 fantasy draft.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, just using the facts that he got lucky when he stumbled on Brady and how much cheating helped them.  But by all means, go ahead and draft Stidham in the first round of your 2020 fantasy draft.

Can the Bills best Stidham and BB if they hold him to 18-39 for 150 yards and a pick is going to be the real question.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Can the Bills best Stidham and BB if they hold him to 18-39 for 150 yards and a pick is going to be the real question.

That's why they addressed the offense. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Like I said, Belicheat hasn't been a good QB drafter and they had no real options.  It looks like he's going to go with defense again and hope Stidham can game manage them to wins.

Not much different than what they did with Brady last year; NE is back to counting on a strong defense to win games for them like in the early Brady years.  Brady was in decline last year and they were very beatable.  If we can't beat NE with Stidham, then I don't know if we ever will.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Hopefully he slides.

I'm pretty sure Brett Favre talked to Josh about that.  It seemed to resonate as Josh learned to slide, instead of taking hits, as the season went on.

Looking at his preseason tape, his sideline pass is only slightly faster than Peterman's.  The guy is a slow scrambler and really didn't display anything other than backup skills (at best).  I really couldn't see anything to make me think Stidham is starter material.   Should be fun come the fall.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy said:

Not much different than what they did with Brady last year; NE is back to counting on a strong defense to win games for them like in the early Brady years.  Brady was in decline last year and they were very beatable.  If we can't beat NE with Stidham, then I don't know if we ever will.

Brady's numbers were slightly down from the year before, but his WRs and TEs were terrible outside of Edelman.  They didn't do much to fix them over the off-season to fix them. 

4 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

“Tommy Boy” and “Belicheat”. ...... as you referred to them ..... I got it ... I know what’s driving you now .... PDS (Patriots Derangement Syndrome).  

Criticizing Brady and Belichick for repeated, documented cheating is NOT some fringe perspective. It is our evidence-based reality. Doesn't make us obsessed or deranged to point that out. I see no reason for a sports fan (or anyone, really) of any allegiance to whitewash history. 

2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Yep, but I could see him matching Brady's production from last year.

I see no way Stidham puts up Brady’s numbers from last year. 61% comp. percentage, shade over 4,000 yards passing, and 24 TDs against 8 INTs? I’m a big Josh Allen fan, but we’d be doing cartwheels if that was his passing stat line in year 3. It ain’t that easy, no matter what Belichick thinks he can do. Not like their weapons are vastly different from last year. Happy to eat crow if I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it. 

5 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I trust Belicheck's opinion of his QB more than any schlep on this message board. If Bill wants to roll into the season with him, then he must see something about him he likes.

This has me terrified he’s gonna trade for Dak or Stafford or rodgers or something. I know the cap doesn’t help but I don’t like it