Crosswalk lights are idiotic!

I live in a small town. Really small. 4000 - 5000 people small. One traffic signal at the “busy” intersection between the business district (my office) and the financial district (the local bank). There might be three or four cars waiting at the intersection at one time. So when some couple is walking their dog or a parent has their kids on bikes, they inevitably press the “cross walk” button and I get to the intersection just in time for them to dart across the cross walk while my light stays red for another 20 seconds. Basically, this little twerp (or the 50-60 yr old couple with dogs that drag them across the road in 8 seconds) cost me an extra 20 seconds....that’s 20 seconds I’ll never get back. Weren’t they all taught to look both ways and make a break for it? Why press the damn button?

#survivalofthefittest

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

accidental double forum post of the year candidate right here

only may tho 

I was overly eager to get this off my chest pineapple boy!!

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Where are you in such a hurry to get to twenty seconds earlier in your small, really small town?

I got ***** to do!!!

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Has the button ever worked for anyone, ever?

Ours is apparently functioning properly...too properly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I got ***** to do!!!

Maybe some Imodium AD would help?

Either way, I think @plenzmd1 has an app that might help you find a safe place that would save your car seat. 

I would have thought an extra 20 seconds in Mayberry would be part of the charm.   ?‍♂️ 

Are you in a hurry to throw some poor old lady out of your office? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I live in a small town. Really small. 4000 - 5000 people small. One traffic signal at the “busy” intersection between the business district (my office) and the financial district (the local bank). There might be three or four cars waiting at the intersection at one time. So when some couple is walking their dog or a parent has their kids on bikes, they inevitably press the “cross walk” button and I get to the intersection just in time for them to dart across the cross walk while my light stays red for another 20 seconds. Basically, this little twerp (or the 50-60 yr old couple with dogs that drag them across the road in 8 seconds) cost me an extra 20 seconds....that’s 20 seconds I’ll never get back. Weren’t they all taught to look both ways and make a break for it? Why press the damn button?

#survivalofthefittest

In Canada this is a significant problem now. In the US, just use your assault rifle, There us nothing in 2A that allows people the right to cross walk buttons.?

• Haha (+1) 2

My experience as a pedestrian....

Press the crosswalk light button.

Wait, wait, wait.

Say “screw it” and cross in a break in traffic.

Notice after crossing that the light has changed and traffic is stopped for no reason. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My experience as a pedestrian....

Press the crosswalk light button.

Wait, wait, wait.

Say “screw it” and cross in a break in traffic.

Notice after crossing that the light has changed and traffic is stopped for no reason. 

This^^^

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

#survivalofthefittest

It's hard out there right now.........you be careful and stay angry, my friend!  (I also despise this type of crosswalk behavior.) 

BTW, how's that "talking lady in your office" situation going? Or have you been closed for 2 months?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It's hard out there right now.........you be careful and stay angry, my friend!  (I also despise this type of crosswalk behavior.) 

BTW, how's that "talking lady in your office" situation going? Or have you been closed for 2 months?

Funny you asked. When Cuomo first suggested “non essential” shutdown, I put a sign on my door that basically said “No Walk Ins Allowed”. My assistants saw her walk up to the door the next day and she slowly walked away. 

Now I miss her. 

?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Funny you asked. When Cuomo first suggested “non essential” shutdown, I put a sign on my door that basically said “No Walk Ins Allowed”. My assistants saw her walk up to the door the next day and she slowly walked away. 

Now I miss her. 

?

You know that poor lady is now sitting at home, eating cans of cat food, grandfather clock quietly ticking away in the background, silent house, stale air...........you've done her wrong, Fergy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You know that poor lady is now sitting at home, eating cans of cat food, grandfather clock quietly ticking away in the background, silent house, stale air...........you've done her wrong, Fergy.

This poop only gunna last so long.. been nice knowin ya @BringBackFergy

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Where are you in such a hurry to get to twenty seconds earlier in your small, really small town?

...sounds like the mayor, justice of the peace, undertaker, DPW general contractor (wheel barrow and shovel always ready) and police chief are all one in the same, sharing communal offices in the general store which is owned by the mayor, justice of the peace, undertaker,  DPW general contractor and police chief....ONE lever re-elects them all.....

On 5/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, BringBackFergy said:

#survivalofthefittest

Small town?  Small town?  My town has 2000 max 

WTF is a stop light and a  “cross walk” button

Small town  SMH 

We have suggested STOP signs.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Small town?  Small town?  My town has 2000 max 

WTF is a stop light and a  “cross walk” button

Small town  SMH 

We have suggested STOP signs.  

Well that explains it....

?

53 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Well that explains it....

?

:D

I have lived in this small town for near on 11 years.   It had a population of 1200 in 2009.  I looked at the census records and  I think we are up to 2200 now 

I'm a city boy now loving in the country where it is affordable to live 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

On 5/2/2020 at 8:22 AM, Seasons1992 said:

OLd woman, in NY who like interacting with people in public..... There's a good chance Covid-19 took care of his problem for him....

• Sad 1