Top Five Professional Wrestlers of All Time

Logic

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

It'll always be Hogan for me.  I was right in the age range that his whole act was targeted at and I ate it up as a kid.

After that, I'd probably go with Kurt Angle.  He wasn't the same once they tried to make him more serious, but the goofy character he played at the start was absolutely amazing.  Now that I mention it, I think I'm going to have to go dig up some of his old interactions with Edge and Christian.  That stuff was comedy gold.  I guess I'd list them as my favorite tag team because I'm quickly realizing that the stuff I enjoyed the most was the characters.

That stuff was hilarious. Edge & Christian were a great tag team, and they were great at comedy.

I used to watch it after SNL in the '80s because there was nothing else on TV at the time and also watched occasionally on Saturday morning/early afternoon. My favorite wrestler by far was Ricky Steamboat and I enjoyed when his tag team partner was Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka before Snuka became a 'bad guy'. I also liked 'Chief' Wahoo McDaniel and 'Blackjack' Mulligan and always found Ric Flair amusing. You couldn't pay me to watch wrasslin' now.

*Note: Just noticed that the title was 'Top Five Wrestlers of All Time'. I'll leave that for all of you wrestling fans to debate. My post was just the wrestlers that I liked during my short duration watching it. Carry on...

Edited by ExWNYer

For me a professional wrestler has three main attributes.

-Promo/mic skills

-Character

-Wrestling ability

Based on that I am surprised I only saw The Rock mentioned once. No one could cut promos and come up with legendary catch phrases like him off the cuff and his in-ring skills were top notch. I don't think I've ever seen someone sell a DDT like he can.

My list would be:

The Rock

Macho Man

Rick Flair

Chris Jericho

The Undertaker

Honorable mention to Kenny Omega. He never got the main stream attention that you get from the WWF but to me he is one of the best going right now.

30 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

For me a professional wrestler has three main attributes.

-Promo/mic skills

-Character

-Wrestling ability

Based on that I am surprised I only saw The Rock mentioned once. No one could cut promos and come up with legendary catch phrases like him off the cuff and his in-ring skills were top notch. I don't think I've ever seen someone sell a DDT like he can.

My list would be:

The Rock

Macho Man

Rick Flair

Chris Jericho

The Undertaker

Honorable mention to Kenny Omega. He never got the main stream attention that you get from the WWF but to me he is one of the best going right now.

I get it, but when I watched, I didnt really like The Rock.  

Some of it was writing too I guess, but his character was so  repetitive, predictable, and boring.  He just had his shtick, and did the same thing over and over.  None of his story-lines were good or interesting at all.  His matches were also just 'standard'

49 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I get it, but when I watched, I didnt really like The Rock.  

Some of it was writing too I guess, but his character was so  repetitive, predictable, and boring.  He just had his shtick, and did the same thing over and over.  None of his story-lines were good or interesting at all.  His matches were also just 'standard'

There is no doubt that guys don't resonate with every fan. I never cared for Hogan. I respect how much he brought to and changed the industry but I felt the same way about him just being that same tired guy for so long until he finally switched it up a bit with his NWO time in WCW. I never thought he was a great performer either. Basically just had the big boot and a leg drop.

Also probably the biggest thing for me is I never understood how Hogan was the good guy for Mega Powers Explode match at Wrestlemania 5. I mean he was messing around with Macho Man's girl and somehow Macho Man was the jerk in that situation?  ; )

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Animal, not sure what that video has to do with anything.

Puke was briefly a third member. Mcmahon is so ridiculous sometimes.

Edited by The Jerk

On 5/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, The Jerk said:

Supposedly Bad News Brown called Andre off a bus to fight and Andre didn't move.

Not only was Bad News  big and tough, he won a bronze medal in Judo at the Olympics. That was a bad dude.  

Interesting side note on Bad News -- He wrestled full-time until 56.

All time:

1.) Hulk Hogan

2.) Ric Flair

3.) Bruno Sammartino

4.) HBK

5.) Bret Hart

As for the best currently wrestling*:

1.) Chris Jericho

2.) Rey Fenix

3.) Kenny Omega

4.) Adam Cole (Bay Bay)

5.) Daniel Bryan

*Excludes Japanese wrestling, because I don't watch it.

Edited by Koko78