Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy on Jake Fromm

Apparently, according to Nagy, Buffalo is extremely happy with the Fromm pick.  The outcome of Allen will impact what happens to Fromm.  Nagy lays down a couple of scenario's surrounding Fromm's future.

Fromm talk begins at 16:51

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

"....Nagy has been the Southeast Area Scout for the Seattle Seahawks for the past five years and has been an NFL scout for nearly two decades."

"Nagy was part of teams that appeared in six Super Bowls, including four winners (Green Bay Packers XXXI, New England Patriots XXXVIII, New England Patriots XXXIX, and Seattle Seahawks XLVIII)."

https://www.seniorbowl.com/jim-nagy-named-new-executive-director-of-rsb

(Edit:  Mike Griffth seems like a real dick...)

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2

I like that Nagy said he feels that Fromm's lack of arm strength has been overstated. Nagy also mentioned him being in the mould of a Case Keenum or Andy Dalton. To me, if that's what Fromm ends up being, it's obviously a great pick. Whether that means Allen gets an awesome backup for four years, or they can flip him for a pick in the future, or he gets a shot to compete if Allen flames out, it's a good pick for Buffalo regardless.

• Like (+1) 22

Again I posted this in the Fromm thread

A beautiful pass from his own 14 to the opposing 40 right in the bucket hitting the WR in stride. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m ok with the pick so long as IF Allen regresses this season they aren’t “all in” with Allen and Fromm going into the 2021 season and bring in a heavy investment at QB via FA or the draft prior to that season..... hopefully it’s a non issue and Allen continues to improve. 

I have an issue trusting these guys with the QB position considering their history.

You don't say? :flirt:

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m ok with the pick so long as IF Allen regresses this season they aren’t “all in” with Allen and Fromm going into the 2021 season and bring in a heavy investment at QB via FA or the draft prior to that season..... hopefully it’s a non issue and Allen continues to improve. 

I have an issue trusting these guys with the QB position considering their history.

Overthinking can be dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

A beautiful pass from his own 14 to the opposing 40 right in the bucket hitting the WR in stride. 

I want to see the pass Nagy was referring too against Florida.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DJB said:

UGA fan. I think Fromm can be good. I like the pick. But as others have pointed out, arm strength is more an issue when it comes to mid-range outs and the like. Fella like Allen can zip them in and Fromm can't do that. He'll kill you with anticipation and reading the field. Personally, I think there's a fairly good chance both work out. For a fifth round pick, Fromm is a steal.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, DJB said:

Arm strength doesn't mean dropping balls in a bucket.     NFL QBs have to throw the majority of their balls with less arc than college QBs due to the better recovery time of DBs, tighter coverage, etc.    All of Fromm's passes (that I've seen) have a pronounced arc, even his dump offs.    If he can't overcome that, it won't matter what kind of head he has on his shoulders... 

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m literally the exact opposite at this point. The Peterman nightmare aside, they went a little bit against the grain. They targeted the high upside, low floor prospect. As of right now, Allen looks like the guy to me. He wasn’t the one that I would have taken. I wanted Rosen or Baker. I think that Josh is better than both.

Fromm has a chance to be a quality backup or asset. My feelings on the likelihood of that are documented but he was good value there at a position of need.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Arm strength isn't about how far a quarterback can throw. Every professional quarterback can throw a football 55 -60yards

arm strength is about how much zip they can get within the 10 to 20 yard intermediate distance

Solid zip compared to average zip in the NFL is the difference between a completion and an INT

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

You clowns still pushing Fromm lol. He is a bum. Was a 5th round pick for a reason. Go root for another team, this is Allen's team. Like is said before, don't understand the hate for Allen from 90% of you from the get go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Cal said:

You clowns still pushing Fromm lol. He is a bum. Was a 5th round pick for a reason. Go root for another team, this is Allen's team. Like is said before, don't understand the hate for Allen from 90% of you from the get go.

You know, they're both Buffalo Bills now. It's possible to root for both of them to do well. I've got an Allen jersey. I think he's likely to be very good. Still, wouldn't it be better for the team if Fromm turns out to be good at NFL qb, at least an upgrade to Barkley? (I know lots of folks think that is his ceiling and Epenesa is Shaq redux, etc. Maybe let's see how they play before deciding.) And Fromm is not a bum. He's bright, talented, and to some degree was held back by loss of talent, a defensive minded conservative head coach, and an OC that lasted one year.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Cal said:

For now....we will revisit that comment at the end of this season.  By that time it may very well be Fromm's team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

For now....we will revisit that comment at the end of this season.  By that time it may very well be Fromm's team. 

0% unless Allen is hit by train

The Love fest with a backup quarterback is ridiculous. He's not as good as Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2