Final result of the Marcel Dareus trade for Buffalo:

28 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

The compensation was not the point. It was all about the salary dump. 

Dareus had incredible moments - does anyone remember the hit he put on Geno Smith? The problem was that Whaley was so interested in accumulating talent he didn't recognize that he was paying guys who didn't play with consistent effort.

He’s no Brock Osweiler!!!

:)

49 minutes ago, JoeF said:

He is currently an unrestricted free agent, giving him time to work on his boating and drag racing hobbies while practicing proper social distancing.

Being serious for a moment, he did a lot of good in Haiti with his money...he had a lot of tragedy in his life (ESPN would have filled up two draft slides for him) and a lot of mental anguish...wish him the best.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180627/marcell-dareus-donates-125000-to-help-build-classrooms-in-haiti

I certainly don’t have any hatred toward Dareus. It’s really a shame that he couldn’t find the discipline to get all of the incredible talent he has on the field consistently!! How things went after that knuckle head Whaley signed him to that huge franchise money really soured him to a lot of fans!! I did at one time think highly of Whaley because he did bring in talent but without the character and team culture you are really rolling the dice. Good luck to him!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And to think we could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones... wtf

At the time, I hated the Dareus pick. I wanted Watt there (even at 3), or a trade down for Cameron Jordan. My 2 favorite D-line prospects in that draft. I saw Dareus as a 2 down DT. You don't spend the 3rd overall pick on a 2 down player in my opinion.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0, he quit on us after he got paid. I know he has his defenders on here that will say it was Rex that ruined him. As much as I strongly dislike Rex and thought he was a horrible coach. I can’t blame Dareus falling apart on him. That is 110 percent Marcell’s Fault, he had all the talent and intangibles to be a Hall of Famer, after he got paid he didn’t give a *****. Beane and McD were in the right to get rid of him while he still had value left

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

We initially traded Dareus for a sixth round conditional pick that turned into a fifth.

The initial fifth round pick turned out to be Wyatt Teller. 

The Bills then traded Wyatt teller and a 7th for this year's 5th and 6th round draft picks. 

When all is said and done the Bills traded Marcel Dareus and recieve

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

The way you are looking at it all will never be said and done ... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And to think we could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones... wtf

2 hours ago, Bills Survivor said:

Or Watt, Patrick Peterson or Tyron Smith.  Luck, Von Miller and Aldon Smith in this top 10 too, impressive year.

That class was loaded. Unfortunately, Dareus was the right pick at the time. Made the expected immediate impact in the Run D. But then flamed out. :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

We initially traded Dareus for a sixth round conditional pick that turned into a fifth.

The Bills then traded Wyatt teller and a 7th for this year's 5th and 6th round draft picks. 

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

We got Srare Farm and Bass Pro.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

The compensation was not the point. It was all about the salary dump. 

Dareus had incredible moments - does anyone remember the hit he put on Geno Smith? The problem was that Whaley was so interested in accumulating talent he didn't recognize that he was paying guys who didn't play with consistent effort.

Dareus was coming off a 10 sack season, two pro bowls, and was only 25.  If I was the GM I'd pay that guy top money also at that point unless there was some indication he'd get lazy.  Sometimes you don't know until after the fact.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

Its not necessarily final, maybe Fromm and Bass get traded :)

3 hours ago, Bills Survivor said:

Or Watt, Patrick Peterson or Tyron Smith.  Luck, Von Miller and Aldon Smith in this top 10 too, impressive year.

In the months leading up to the draft the consensus was that Dareus would go to Denver and Von Miller to the Bills. It wasn’t until shortly before the draft that the positions changed,

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, custcarcen said:

In the months leading up to the draft the consensus was that Dareus would go to Denver and Von Miller to the Bills. It wasn’t until shortly before the draft that the positions changed,

It was a sad for me.  Was praying for Miller even though he is just a wee little man standing next to Vincent Jackson on a weird angle