Final result of the Marcel Dareus trade for Buffalo:

We initially traded Dareus for a sixth round conditional pick that turned into a fifth.

The initial fifth round pick turned out to be Wyatt Teller. 

The Bills then traded Wyatt teller and a 7th for this year's 5th and 6th round draft picks. 

When all is said and done the Bills traded Marcel Dareus and recieve

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

• Like (+1) 30
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

We initially traded Dareus for a sixth round conditional pick that turned into a fifth.

The Bills then traded Wyatt teller and a 7th for this year's 5th and 6th round draft picks. 

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

Bass potential excites me

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And to think we could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones... wtf

That draft was stacked

Couldn’t believe beane was able to get rid of that contract and actually get picks in return. I figured we’d have to trade picks a la the Texans and Osweiler.

Beane is a stud.

teams are just lining up to sign him.  We made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years since trading him.  None with him.  

I wonder if anyone is gonna eat crow or just continue to defend their stance that it was a terrible trade on our part.

5 minutes ago, Bills Survivor said:

Or Watt, Patrick Peterson or Tyron Smith.  Luck, Von Miller and Aldon Smith in this top 10 too, impressive year.

Cam not luck

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

Final result until Beane trades Fromm in a couple years for a Day 2 pick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Jake Fromm, Tyler Bass

I honestly do not care what they got for him.  I was happy he was off the team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And to think we could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones... wtf

At this point, with the teams that would have surrounded those two................would it have mattered? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Is MD still in the league?

He is currently an unrestricted free agent, giving him time to work on his boating and drag racing hobbies while practicing proper social distancing.

Being serious for a moment, he did a lot of good in Haiti with his money...he had a lot of tragedy in his life (ESPN would have filled up two draft slides for him) and a lot of mental anguish...wish him the best.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180627/marcell-dareus-donates-125000-to-help-build-classrooms-in-haiti

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I honestly do not care what they got for him.  I was happy he was off the team. 

The compensation was not the point. It was all about the salary dump. 

Dareus had incredible moments - does anyone remember the hit he put on Geno Smith? The problem was that Whaley was so interested in accumulating talent he didn't recognize that he was paying guys who didn't play with consistent effort.