Canada bans all assault weapons immediately

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The A is for Awesome

I think the 2nd amendment is awesome, too.  I am 100% in support of responsible gun ownership.  I just think it's high time that we (as a nation) take a step back and understand how different the world was when it was written.  It is absolutely silly to let this thing ride for hundreds of years without catching it up to modern times.  It's dangerous and it's irresponsible.  And it's costing lives.  My hat's of to Canada for saying, "enough is enough."  The same needs to be done, here.

There is no practical need, outside of law enforcement or military, for a semi-automatic firearm of any kind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Do they know their 2nd amendment rights? 

'Murica

Hey MiH, I noticed your negative reaction to my post referencing Scalia’s majority opinion in Heller. Perhaps I should add some context as that opinion was murky in many ways. I was specifically referring to this quote from his opinion:

Regarding those that descended on the Michigan statehouse, I disagree that they had a “right” to carry semi-automatic rifles with high volume magazines to that assembly and I suspect Scalia might agree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a disease.  It doesn't GAF about your politics.  There is a zero-sum game with health care resources though.

If someone wants to run around yelling about his freedom or racial oppression or any other political cause during an outbreak of contagious disease in a way that contravenes public health measures and exposes himself to catching it....

.....Their right - just don't take up a hospital bed me or mine or a health care worker or someone vulnerable might need.   That's not about my politics, that's about my health and that of my family and the people who take care of same.

Interesting that you see it as a "political post" though.

And yet, here I sit locked down indefinitely yet I know of no one nor do I know anyone who knows anyone that has COVID. And that's living in NJ, not Wyoming, Idaho or Montana.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And yet, here I sit locked down indefinitely yet I know of no one nor do I know anyone who knows anyone that has COVID. And that's living in NJ, not Wyoming, Idaho or Montana.

There is not a state in this country where the highly contagious covidvirus doesn't exist. Each state has adapted stay home rules to deal with their specific situation. What is insidious about this virus is that people may have it without having symptoms resulting in further exposure. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+map+usa&form=EDGEAR&qs=LS&cvid=cd2e681c7a3149ea8012691dbf929237&cc=US&setlang=en-US&elv=AQj93OAhDTi*HzTv1paQdngOmn8ZZSwLdjFbdmbGYf44NTbbXLEtqDWsFdEanO8CVjhYPNWLT*h9a7lx3E89fEWIyNnT5yiFTMcPdJZmgboR&plvar=0&PC=HCTS

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a disease.  It doesn't GAF about your politics.  There is a zero-sum game with health care resources though.

If someone wants to run around yelling about his freedom or racial oppression or any other political cause during an outbreak of contagious disease in a way that contravenes public health measures and exposes himself to catching it....

.....Their right - just don't take up a hospital bed me or mine or a health care worker or someone vulnerable might need.   That's not about my politics, that's about my health and that of my family and the people who take care of same.

Interesting that you see it as a "political post" though.

It was a political post.  You are openly advocating for denial of medical services based on an individuals lifestyle

Should medical professionals be able to deny service to gay men because they are higher risk of AIDS?  Should cardiologist deny to see a patient because they eat alot of red meat?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's keeping your loved ones who are at risk living.

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

It was a political post.  You are openly advocating for denial of medical services based on an individuals lifestyle

Should medical professionals be able to deny service to gay men because they are higher risk of AIDS?  Should cardiologist deny to see a patient because they eat alot of red meat?

Because AIDS and heart disease are transmittable through the air.  Common man.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It's keeping your loved ones who are at risk living.

Is reasonable to ask that the higher risk loved ones stay quarantined and isolated while the rest of society gets back to business? Clearly there is a risk,  but maybe social distance from the higher risk people instead of society in general.

9 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is reasonable to ask that the higher risk loved ones stay quarantined and isolated while the rest of society gets back to business? Clearly there is a risk,  but maybe social distance from the higher risk people instead of society in general.

I actually do think that's reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

#RaoulDuke 2024

Remember that time you ... touched me?  Neither will, I for the right price.  Talk to you in 2023.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Gugny said:

Remember that time you ... touched me?  Neither will, I for the right price.  Talk to you in 2023.

As I recall it was mostly consensual......all bets are off after a game of devils triangle. 

On 5/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, Chandler#81 said:

This quite likely stands no chance of not being relegated to the cesspool that is PPP, but it’s very noteworthy and our closest neighbor. The reason given is mass murder.

imagine that..

Being from Canada i would say this was a wise decision,  not sure why anyone would need that type of fire power.  Most areas of Canada are very peaceful or least seem that way.  I think he may have been better off waiting until pandemic was over so it could have been properly debated with other parties.

18 minutes ago, Nanker said:

If it were named Black Face he wouldn’t have banned it. 

image.thumb.png.490766df20c7ef28cd599dccf55aa1ec.png

That looks like assault coffee to me. What's next, chainsaw bayonets on their packaging?!? Sharks with freakin' laser beams? High-capacity fully-automatic cups?!?

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That looks like assault coffee to me. What's next, chainsaw bayonets on their packaging?!? Sharks with freakin' laser beams? High-capacity fully-automatic cups?!?

Oh, it’s far worse than that! :o

Check them out... if you dare. https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee
They sell gunship helicopters, pistols with silencers, and more. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Oh, it’s far worse than that! :o

Check them out... if you dare. https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee
They sell gunship helicopters, pistols with silencers, and more. :devil:

Don't forget the high-capacity rounds...with bold-tasting notes and a smooth, buttery finish.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/brcc-coffee-rounds?variant=6973086915

• Like (+1) 1