Canada bans all assault weapons immediately

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah, that is an excellent question.

It's a question that illustrates how little people know about firearm terminology and technology, actually. A semi-automatic is a firearm that cycles the action via energy from spent cartridge to engage the next. Revolvers aren't semi automatics in that a single action operates by the trigger pull simply dropping the hammer, and a double action revolver also indexes the chamber. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a question that illustrates how little people know about firearm terminology and technology, actually. A semi-automatic is a firearm that cycles the action via energy from spent cartridge to engage the next. Revolvers aren't semi automatics in that a single action operates by the trigger pull simply dropping the hammer, and a double action revolver also indexes the chamber. 

So is a semi automatic weapon considered an assault weapon. I believe that was the crux of the question. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

So is a semi automatic weapon considered an assault weapon. I believe that was the crux of the question. 

I was responding to whoever suggested banning semi automatics would result in revolvers being banned as well. 

'Assault weapon' doesn't have any concrete definition. Semi-automatic and revolver however do. 

22 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Three Percenters refer to the 3 percent of Americans who participated in the Revolutionary War.

The term has since been co-opted by some far right groups.  But go ahead with your misinterpretation

So knowing what they represent, and who they are, now - what does it mean when someone posts their logo with no context?

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So knowing what they represent, and who they are, now - what does it mean when someone posts their logo with no context?

Interpret it however you want.  Just don't claim that I don't understand the meaning when there is more than one

6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Interpret it however you want.  Just don't claim that I don't understand the meaning when there is more than one

I never made that claim.  I'm sure you know the meanings.  I'm not exactly sure why you'd post the symbol of a group of such hateful, disgusting human beings. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I never made that claim.  I'm sure you know the meanings.  I'm not exactly sure why you'd post the symbol of a group of such hateful, disgusting human beings. 

You didn't make the claim, somebody else did

And it's not my problem that you misinterpreted my post, it's yours

Just now, /dev/null said:

You didn't make the claim, somebody else did

And it's not my problem that you misinterpreted my post, it's yours

You hid behind an emblem and provided no context.  I damn sure will interpret it how I want to.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was responding to whoever suggested banning semi automatics would result in revolvers being banned as well. 

'Assault weapon' doesn't have any concrete definition. Semi-automatic and revolver however do. 

That was me. Okay, a revolver can be a rapidly fired firearm. The article didn’t specify anything other than that and “assault style ‘weapons’”. A 9mm with a magazine is considered a semi-automatic, as are most pistols today. I just stretched the technical definition. Hey, I’m still fine with my .50 cal black powder rifle. 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Trudeau said that while most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens, “you don’t need an AR-15 to bring down a deer.”

Clearly, he's never seen me shoot. 

Used a lot here (Australia) for feral pig and cat eradication. 

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This quite likely stands no chance of not being relegated to the cesspool that is PPP, but it’s very noteworthy and our closest neighbor. The reason given is mass murder.

Yoda meme

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2