Canada bans all assault weapons immediately

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Thanks for the post. 

I'll let the others throw poop in the sandbox!

I expect reasonable discussion.  I know these people and trust they will leave their politics at the door and engage civilly.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What do they define as an "assault style firearm" and do they have a listing of the ones they want to ban?

If they're talking about semi-automatic firearms, they'll need to ban most everything from revolvers, to shotguns, and long rifles.

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I expect reasonable discussion.  I know these people and trust they will leave their politics at the door and engage civilly.  

I'm just waiting for the most up-to-date statistics on people killed in automobile accidents.

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

What do they define as an "assault style firearm" and do they have a listing of the ones they want to ban?

If they're talking about semi-automatic firearms, they'll need to ban most everything from revolvers, to shotguns, and long rifles.

Early reports say slingshots, muskets and airsoft guns are still on the table.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

It seems like a great place. I can't figure out why it's not bursting at the seams with people fleeing the US to move there.

I had an offer for internship in Canada when I was in college which could have led to post-college position and I regret not exploring it.

Canada other than some of the larger cities is a lot like WNY spread out and from my experience very friendly.

29 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Good questions. I haven’t seen a printed press release yet, only video -which won’t transfer here. I’m sure we’ll soon find out.

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yeah, that is an excellent question.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-gun-control-measures-ban-1.5552131

The term "assault-style" has no legal definition in Canada. The Firearms Act also does not currently classify firearms as "military-style" — that term would have to be defined in the new regulations.

Generally speaking, an assault-style weapon is a semi-automatic firearm with an ammunition magazine, built to fire quickly. There is already a legal limit — five rounds — on the maximum size of a magazine.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting contrast to the demonstrations at the Michigan state capitol yesterday. 

gettyimages-1211398273-531b1074a74472185

image.thumb.jpeg.3195137d22e7f442d1a40390b40c75d5.jpeg

People protesting a war were tear gassed and even shot and killed while doing nothing but shouting. Nowadays, we can march on the capitol with rifles equipped with high volume magazines and it’s just fine. The times we live in. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Maybe like the Patriots new kicker he doesn't know what it means

Three Percenters refer to the 3 percent of Americans who participated in the Revolutionary War.

The term has since been co-opted by some far right groups.  But go ahead with your misinterpretation

• Like (+1) 2