Dolphins trade 2017 1st rd pick Charles Harris to Falcons; cut Taco Charlton

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

now I would not be opposed to the Bills brining in Taco Charlton (who they also released) for a looksie 

I couldn't see them signing him until Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Miami is really getting their house in order. Gonna be an interesting season and I highly expect Flores to have his squad at an 8-8 Level this year. Dare I suggest fun Bills/Fish games in the future? 

27 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Miami is really getting their house in order. Gonna be an interesting season and I highly expect Flores to have his squad at an 8-8 Level this year. Dare I suggest fun Bills/Fish games in the future? 

I like Flores a lot. I don’t love the roster yet. Need more high end talent. Should have just kept Tunsil and minkah imo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I like what they are doing. However with the virus situation, I think they are going to struggle. With like 14 rookies and a bunch of new free agent starters, I think it is going to be a challenge for them to get anything going. But I could see them taking a big step in two years. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was likely he would clear as no one was going to take on his 1.8 million cap. Now he can be signed for peanuts. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like what they are doing. However with the virus situation, I think they are going to struggle. With like 14 rookies and a bunch of new free agent starters, I think it is going to be a challenge for them to get anything going. But I could see them taking a big step in two years. 

I agree, any team relying on rookies (and in some ways newly acquired FAs) to play significant  roles is going to struggle ramping up. Diggs is our biggest worry from that aspect (learning the offense, chemistry with Allen) but at least he’s a seasoned pro -  otherwise our rookies are moreso complementary or depth pieces 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Taco signed with the Chiefs this morning.  Remember when it seemed like the Patriots could sign anybody and the salary cap never mattered?  Doesn't it seem like the Magic Payroll charm has moved on to KC?

On 5/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Between the Jets and Phins, I'm a big fan of the work Mike Tannebaum has done in the AFC East for the Bills.

When the sith emperor retires he can take over New England.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Well I mean, now that we have some Cox to use, we could certainly use some Taco. 

Tacos are dangerous in era of corona.  Will result in Montezuma's Revenge.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:31 AM, Lurker said:

Schoen had to be involed in that pick as well.

It looks like everyone missed, however:

On the contrary. Please go back and read what @BringBackFergy had to say about the pick. His analysis was spot on except I think he charted Harris to have 4 sacks at this point in his career.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

On the contrary. Please go back and read what @BringBackFergy had to say about the pick. His analysis was spot on except I think he charted Harris to have 4 sacks at this point in his career.

Honestly, I have a tough time keeping track of my hits...can count my misses on one hand. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, Lurker said:

"...Harris, the 22nd overall pick in the 2017 draft, had just 3 1/2 sacks in 41 games with Miami."

Man, who was running the scouting department on that one?   Chris Greer (GM), Adam Gase (Head Coach), Joe Schoen (Player Personnel--uh oh :bag: ).

The real question is did Miami execute the 5th year option for Harris? :)

I thought Taco Charlton was starting to pick up his game. Guess not, unless there is some other reason they let him go. He might be a solid backup for Epinesa if they release Trent Murphy to clear cap space, but we still have close to $20 mill. Is Charlton a good fit? It certainly looks like we aren't spending up to the cap unless Beane signs someone else that gets released.

Oops. Never mind. He's a Chief already. That didn't take long.

Edited by GreggTX

18 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Honestly, I have a tough time keeping track of my hits...can count my misses on one hand. 

Well then start using fingers on other hand and then toes.  Or maybe just use pennies for I have been told my two cents are not worth anything.....