Bills 2020 Motto per McDermott "Find a Way"

I like the strategy, it’s great - I don’t like the HC sharing all this information.... it can only help our opponents.  

No need to teach our opponents how they can also develop a competitive advantage.  That’s one reason why Belicheck is so successful - he keeps his lips sealed (To the greatest extent possible - not withstanding media requirements).  

I know, queue the “Belicheat” moniker, but when you think about it, doesn’t “Find a way” essentially mean “anything goes”  ???  I’m not implying anything, just throwing it out there for thoughts / discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I like the strategy, it’s great - I don’t like the HC sharing all this information.... it can only help our opponents.  

No need to teach our opponents how they can also develop a competitive advantage.  That’s one reason why Belicheck is so successful - he keeps his lips sealed (To the greatest extent possible - not withstanding media requirements).  

I know, queue the “Belicheat” moniker, but when you think about it, doesn’t “Find a way” essentially mean “anything goes”  ???  I’m not implying anything, just throwing it out there for thoughts / discussion.

The over analysis of everything about the NFL !!!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Belichick's motto was "See you at the parade"

Anyway, maybe McD should just get the 4-pack:

image.png.29dd38c92e4d9ae9af72bc9f520e028f.png

• Haha (+1) 5

He sure comes up with some good platitudes, these need to be transferred into winning key games (vs Pats, playoff caliber teams in the regular season, playoff caliber teams in the playoffs).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The over analysis of everything about the NFL !!!

I can somewhat agree with your sentiment.  But my line of work (US Army) for 26 years made me that way - that’s my (lame) excuse.  On another but similar note, HC John Harbaugh came to my Command (HQ, INDO-PACOM here on Oahu in Hawaii) to speak with senior leaders about military planning, strategy, operational concepts with the purpose of modifying and implementing these tactics into his football operation.  In return he also shared some of his organizational practices with us.  So in summary, the “over analysis” as you put it, has been and currently is quite prevalent in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

"Hey Jim.  Did you hear McDermott's motto?  Find a way.  That's it.  We're switching from cover 3 to man on 3rd down."

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god some of you people will complain about anything.

It's not like there is a show going on right now titled from the motto/theme for a season of the former NBA coach with the most championships or anything.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

"Hey Jim.  Did you hear McDermott's motto?  Find a way.  That's it.  We're switching from cover 3 to man on 3rd down."

If you read the article and listened to the interview with the HC there was much more to it than the motto..... I also replied to another comment in this thread about John Harbaugh and a meeting with him ... you may find it enlightening about how the modern NFL is functioning ....and then perhaps you’ll come to the conclusion my remarks aren’t really a stretch, or believe what you want, I’m certainly not pushing you.... I’m just here to share in pleasant exchanges 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

If you read the article and listened to the interview with the HC there was much more to it than the motto..... I also replied to another comment in this thread about John Harbaugh and a meeting with him ... you may find it enlightening about how the modern NFL is functioning ....and then perhaps you’ll come to the conclusion my remarks aren’t really a stretch, or believe what you want, I’m certainly not pushing you.... I’m just here to share in pleasant exchanges 

I read the article but didn't listen to the interview.  What did he say in the interview that wasn't in the article that makes you think he's giving other teams a competitive advantage?

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I read the article but didn't listen to the interview.  What did he say in the interview that wasn't in the article that makes you think he's giving other teams a competitive advantage?

I would just never reveal my tactics / strategy to an opponent ...nothing good can come out of it..... Bill Belicheck keeps his mouth shut and the results speak for themselves .... and that goes well beyond football  

3 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I would just never reveal my tactics / strategy to an opponent ...nothing good can come out of it..... Bill Belicheck keeps his mouth shut and the results speak for themselves .... and that goes well beyond football  

I didn’t realize a 3 word motivational phrase would be considered “revealing tactics”