Has there been a QB in recent memory with more Bulletin Board material than Josh?

If you play QB, you get trash thrown at you constantly. Doesn't even matter what team you play for. They all get trashed until they become elite, and even THEN you have detractors.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah. EJM got crushed. Tyrod got crushed. Fitz got crushed. Trentative got crushed. Losman got crushed.

I remember all of them. They all got trashed more than Josh.

You forgot Peterman. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

aWhy would anyone criticize a young QB after 2 years. The ideal situation is to sit a guy for a year and surround him with weapons and a decent o-line year 2. We got a playoff birth despite having a below average receiving Corp in year 2. The people that jump on JA17 are understandably skeptical because our management has given them names like Losman,Edwards, EJ.,Rob Johnson, Fitz etc. I'm a big fan of the kid, but he gives me more hope than anyone since Kelly. He has a big arm, great legs and the team respects his leadership. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah. EJM got crushed. Tyrod got crushed. Fitz got crushed. Trentative got crushed. Losman got crushed.

I remember all of them. They all got trashed more than Josh.

Nope, nobody has had every play scrutinized as  bad As Josh. They all got bashed, but this is a whole new level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It seems to me a lot of people are actually encouraged by what Allen has shown so far as a pro. Cowherd, Schein, etc have been vocally positive about him. The whiners are.....just that.

Does he have a way to go? Of course, but I am pleased with his progress and so are many others. 

EDIT: I’d be very curious to see where Josh Rosen is getting better publicity. This sounds like trying to make an argument by creating your own “facts”. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Nope, nobody has had every play scrutinized as  bad As Josh. They all got bashed, but this is a whole new level.

Nah, all those other dudes got brutalized. They were walking punchlines. You are suffering from recency bias.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

USA Today...

It doesn't change the facts and the data. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Nah, all those other dudes got brutalized. They were walking punchlines. You are suffering from recency bias.

Yea, back in the days of the old buffalo bills message board. 

It was the wild west and players and coaches alike were brutalized. 

Good times though, i miss that board. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Maybe, maybe not, seems everyone takes things to the extreme these days. Hard to prove it either way...

Most thought Allen was the poster child for prototypical bust that they saw in players like Jamarcus Russell and Blaine Gabbert.  Big arm that wowed at the combine that didn't translate onto the field.  They're just mad they were wrong up to this point.  Daniel Jones is also a QB the media couldn't wait to see fail.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

aWhy would anyone criticize a young QB after 2 years. The ideal situation is to sit a guy for a year and surround him with weapons and a decent o-line year 2. We got a playoff birth despite having a below average receiving Corp in year 2. The people that jump on JA17 are understandably skeptical because our management has given them names like Losman,Edwards, EJ.,Rob Johnson, Fitz etc. I'm a big fan of the kid, but he gives me more hope than anyone since Kelly. He has a big arm, great legs and the team respects his leadership. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Don't forget Flutie.  He was awesome when he played.  But I get your point.  I am in complete agreement with you on Josh Allen!!

• Like (+1) 1

Allen doesn’t catch anymore crap than previous quarterbacks. They all get beat up on here. As mentioned earlier Baltimore fans wanted Lamar ran out of town after playoff game 1 or switched to another position and boom the guy is mvp. Josh gets his fair share of fair and unfair criticism on here but it’s not worse than former quarterbacks since josh has a lot more support from fans so far. 
On here there’s always gonna be 5-6 trolls who hate him cause it messed up their mock and the wanted mayfield or Rosen or Darnold cause ya know they look so much better. 
Nationally the media basically goes off a stat page, and josh doesn’t always look good there throwing for 175- 270 yards and it’s not flashy like other quarterbacks 

• Like (+1) 2