NFL looking into Saturday games if there is no CFB

Greg S

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Huh. I wonder why. Just to spread the games over two days?

If there is no CFB that leaves Saturday wide open. A triple header of Saturday football at 1:00, 4:30. and 8:00. That would be a great way to spend a Saturday and most fans wouldn't have to worry about getting up early for work the next day. They should replace TNF with a Saturday triple header. This way all the games are on the weekend except the MNF. The players won't complain about a short week as they don't like TNF for that reason.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If there is no CFB that leaves Saturday wide open. A triple header of Saturday football at 1:00, 4:30. and 8:00. That would be a great way to spend a Saturday and most fans wouldn't have to worry about getting up early for work the next day. They should replace TNF with a Saturday triple header. This way all the games are on the weekend except the MNF. The players won't complain about a short week as they don't like TNF for that reason.

I guess that opens more prime time slots too.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I prefer the NFL as well but I do watch CFB especially the SEC matchups as that is the best conference.

I used to watch it a bit. But with all their rule changes it has become kind of unwatchable for me. Guys getting ejected for routine tackles and them calling it targeting from incidental, unavoidable contact. I completely loath the overtime rules. Basically just them playing 500 and artificially running up the score of the game. Heck, I don't even like the one foot in bounds rule vs two.

College ball is more chaotic and slower. Blowouts are more common.

Yeah, pro ball for me. But I totally get that people like college ball and even like the rules that I hate. To each their own.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I used to watch it a bit. But with all their rule changes it has become kind of unwatchable for me. Guys getting ejected for routine tackles and them calling it targeting from incidental, unavoidable contact. I completely loath the overtime rules. Basically just them playing 500 and artificially running up the score of the game. Heck, I don't even like the one foot in bounds rule vs two.

College ball is more chaotic and slower. Blowouts are more common.

Yeah, pro ball for me. But I totally get that people like college ball and even like the rules that I hate. To each their own.

Speaking of rules I wonder if the NFL will adapt the XFL's kickoff rule.

Everyone is thinking about this all wrong.  We will be largely over this Covid thing by Summer.  What the leagues need to be doing is working on plans for if this comes back, and what they'll do in Dec and Jan.

College seasons will be largely complete by the time it comes back (if it comes back).  The College Bowls could get cancelled, but the NFL would be in full swi g

C

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Players will ALWAYS complain.  

Plus dislike it since I work Saturdays.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I've been thinking the 2021 draft might be a really poor class. Why would anyone enter the draft if they can't play more than a couple games? How will teams be able to scout them?

it would suck to be a fan of a crappy team that ends up with a top pick for 2021. Partly why you should never really tank. 

• Like (+1) 1