Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I disagree, strongly.

But the reason home team-bashing has been popular for about twenty years is that we've been mediocre on a level of consistency that was kind of remarkably sad. The people criticizing the Bills were dead right. Lately the Buffalo media has started to turn. Not because they're jumping on the bandwagon. Simply because this group looks like they're getting it right. Acknowledging that makes sense.

Not surprising you disagree. I am sure you were a fan of Up'Chuck Dickerson who bashed Bills when Bills were doing well.   For some of the writers gone all they would do was bash and if in some games and some players did well not a word about it would have been spoken and the writer turned to other things even going to past.

It turned because a number of your patron saints are gone.  I will acknowledge that makes sense.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's full of Mass holes.

Yup, and you can say the same for the other 50 states with different nicknames.

Meanwhile, I visit often and it's great. And the waterfront upgrade with the Big Dig finished has made it a lot more inviting than it used to be. And it used to be great. Not that the sports fans there aren't wildly entitled after their recent run of wild success. They are. But it's still a great city.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I disagree, strongly.

But it remains a reasonable take From a New England-centric POV till one of the three AFC opponents proves themselves by bloodying the Pats nose. If I were a combative Pats fan I'd say much the same thing. The Bills still have a lot to prove. But this FO has showed itself smart since day one. They've made mistakes. But far fewer than most.

It's far from reasonable.  Brady wasn't the reason their offense struggled last year, much as they would all like to pin it on him and the same problems remain, if not got worse. 

Moreover, he was a fluke for them and their track record of finding QBs, much less in the later rounds like Stidham was taken in, is poor.  Just because they got lucky with Brady, the default isn't "well, they'll do it again with Stidham."

On 5/9/2020 at 8:50 AM, wppete said:

Boston, the worst city in America hands down. Miserable people, miserable people.

Lol I’m from considerably down state (The Hudson valley) Takes me an hour to get to Met life and 6.5 to get to New Era. I have been a bills fan my whole life deep in Jet and giant territory. But where I am, I’m also a huge Ranger and Yankee fan. So I absolutely despise Boston for literally all 3 of my teams. Back in 2009, I had a yankee shirt that said “what curse, you guy just sucked for 86 years” on the front and just “Boston Sucks” on the back....But it was a Baseball shirt ?‍♂️

One weekend, I was up for a Bills game and me and my friend went to Niagara Falls and crossed into Canada. I wore that shirt and people were appalled. People kept stopping me telling me how it’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Nobody up there understood what it was about. They just kept telling me how great of a city Boston was lol. your post just reminded me of that and how tiring it was to try and explain it to Canadians. Eventually I just gave up and acted like I didn’t realize they were talking to me 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

One weekend, I was up for a Bills game and me and my friend went to Niagara Falls and crossed into Canada. I wore that shirt and people were appalled. People kept stopping me telling me how it’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Nobody up there understood what it was about. They just kept telling me how great of a city Boston was lol. your post just reminded me of that and how tiring it was to try and explain it to Canadians. Eventually I just gave up and acted like I didn’t realize they were talking to me 

So I guess I have to ask why you didn't consider taking a trip to Boston and vetting out your strategy of bringing discord -- by wearing your shirt there?

After graduating from UB I chose Boston over NYC or California (I work in tech).  NYC is too big for my tastes, as someone who was born and raised in the smaller communities of WNY.  California is far too expensive.

People from New England are totally fine, and once you chip through layers of crust you have friends for life.  Boston is a great city, oh, and these days when I'm in the city I come across more people who are not from New England than those who are from New England.  It's gentrified now, and has been for almost the last 15 years.  Having written that, everybody I know who's a native New Englander knows that I'm a Bills' fan and gives me ***** about it.  Everybody.  And their brutal honesty and ribbing about following the Bills is like how any healthy friendship goes.

But you do you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Dude, Boston rocks. The Pats cheat and are jerks, but Boston's a great city.

I agree.

I'm from Buffalo originally and now live back in Buffalo, but I lived quite a bit of my life in Boston and it is a great city.  I still travel there a few times a year for work.  Pats fans are jerks (and Sox fans CAN be at times) but if you are a person that likes anything city life can bring...Boston is near the top of the list.

• Like (+1) 2

There is something to be said about looking across the field and seeing the hoodie. Coaches and players will continue to be psyched out until he gets knocked of his perch. It hasn’t happened yet.

Edited by bmur66

Arrogant attitude based on past laurels. Pats are in decline and the Bills are on the rise and  he knows it, but can’t come to grips and he has to pander to his readers. At season’s end dig this drivel up and throw it in his face. 

2 hours ago, Groin said:

So I guess I have to ask why you didn't consider taking a trip to Boston and vetting out your strategy of bringing discord -- by wearing your shirt there?

After graduating from UB I chose Boston over NYC or California (I work in tech).  NYC is too big for my tastes, as someone who was born and raised in the smaller communities of WNY.  California is far too expensive.

People from New England are totally fine, and once you chip through layers of crust you have friends for life.  Boston is a great city, oh, and these days when I'm in the city I come across more people who are not from New England than those who are from New England.  It's gentrified now, and has been for almost the last 15 years.  Having written that, everybody I know who's a native New Englander knows that I'm a Bills' fan and gives me ***** about it.  Everybody.  And their brutal honesty and ribbing about following the Bills is like how any healthy friendship goes.

But you do you.

I have been to Boston. I had no issues with it TBH. I went there for a comedy show. The roads were a little confusing but I had no issue with the city itself. The shirt was about hating the Red Sox. Not hating the city. That was literally my entire point of explaining to people it wasn’t about the city. My entire point was I got tired of explaining it was about the Red Sox. My guess is wearing it to Boston, they would have grasped the concept . Again: no issue with Boston the city. Was clear in the original post

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

It's far from reasonable.  Brady wasn't the reason their offense struggled last year, much as they would all like to pin it on him and the same problems remain, if not got worse. 

Moreover, he was a fluke for them and their track record of finding QBs, much less in the later rounds like Stidham was taken in, is poor.  Just because they got lucky with Brady, the default isn't "well, they'll do it again with Stidham."

Since drafting Brady, they’ve had Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, and Jimmy G.  They have literally the best track record of finding QBs in later rounds than any team by a mile.

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Since drafting Brady, they’ve had Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, and Jimmy G.  They have literally the best track record of finding QBs in later rounds than any team by a mile.

Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder.  Cassel was good for maybe 2 seasons and Brissett is a backup QB.  And that's over a 20-year period.

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Cassel lmfao dude is ass

Brissett same

and Garoppolo was a second rounder

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Cassel lmfao dude is ass

Brissett same

and Garoppolo was a second rounder

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder.  Cassel was good for maybe 2 seasons and Brissett is a backup QB.  And that's over a 20-year period.

So name another team that has a better track record of drafting QBs outside the first round than that.  Cassel won 11 games with NE and took the Chiefs to the playoffs.  Jimmy went to the Super Bowl, and Brissett was the starting QB for the Colts last season throwing for 3,000 yards, 18 TDs and 6 INTs while completing 61% of his passes.  Those numbers should look pretty familiar.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billl said:

So name another team that has a better track record of drafting QBs outside the first round than that.  Cassel won 11 games with NE and took the Chiefs to the playoffs.  Jimmy went to the Super Bowl, and Brissett was the starting QB for the Colts last season throwing for 3,000 yards, 18 TDs and 6 INTs while completing 61% of his passes.  Those numbers should look pretty familiar.

I haven't followed other coaches draft picks but I know that Belicheat has drafted a lot of QB's since he went to NE (about one every other year, for 11 total).  I don't consider a 2nd rounder to be a "late rounder" but Jimmy G is arguably the only other decent QB he's drafted and one that I think he targeted, but he's still largely unproven and has only taken his team to the playoffs once.  Cassel, another 7th rounder, took his teams once to the playoffs and fizzled-out pretty quickly while Brissett, who was taken around the area Stidham was, is a backup quality player. 

So the question is: will Stidham be more like Brady and Jimmy G, or Cassel, Brissett, Ryan Mallett, Kevin O'Connell, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury, Zac Robinson or Danny Etling?

On 5/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sorry, you may have missed these. Feel free to catch up at your leisure.:thumbsup:

The first video 2019 highlights was a good watch but it ended at an appropriate time. With 13:49 left in the 3rd quarter of the Playoff game @ Houston.

Watching Allen running up to their 45 yard line in those final few frames really made me scratch my head and wonder how we lost that game, being up 13-0 at that point.  Painful!! =P

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But where I am, I’m also a huge Ranger and Yankee fan

Anyone who is not a Sabres fan is an enemy of Buffalo and all of its fans. I am disappointed in you.

You can either:

1. Renounce the NY Rangers and pledge allegiance to the Sabres, or

2. Renounce the Bills and choose to support either the Jets or the Giants.

2 hours ago, Jim_Kelly_Holcomb said:

Anyone who is not a Sabres fan is an enemy of Buffalo and all of its fans. I am disappointed in you.

You can either:

1. Renounce the NY Rangers and pledge allegiance to the Sabres, or

2. Renounce the Bills and choose to support either the Jets or the Giants.

Nah, I’m good. I watch every snap of every game including pre season no matter what the record is. Spend thousands over the years on Sunday ticket to watch the Bills and make 13 hour round trips to the stadium whenever I can. Been a fan for 30 years in a place where it’s not always easy to be a Bills fan. I’m in to deep to get out. Plus I spend a lot of time listening to WGR trying to hear Bills talk and end up getting stuck listening to these guys talk about the Sabres constantly. Makes me really feel a type of way about them lol

• Like (+1) 1