Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

34 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

This is his gimmick.  He’s like a cartoon character.  He always calls players or teams “tomato cans” and openly cheers for the Patriots.  

I think at one time he was a good sports writer but now Danny boy basically just trolls for attention.  He’s the equivalent to Jerry Coleman.  Even people in Boston hate him.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I think a good portion of the narrative on Josh is being driven by the lateral attempt in the playoff game. He’s perceived as reckless for better or worse until he changes people’s minds.

Pretty annoying since Deshaun Watson was widely praised for nearly an identical play - the difference was Watson was pitching to a veteran TE who was heads-up, Josh Allen was tossing it to the not-quite-ready-rookie Dawson Knox.

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is his gimmick.  He’s like a cartoon character.  He always calls players or teams “tomato cans” and openly cheers for the Patriots.  

I think at one time he was a good sports writer but now Danny boy basically just trolls for attention.  He’s the equivalent to Jerry Coleman.  Even people in Boston hate him.  

So kind of Jerry Sullivan with a slightly different shtick.  The main difference that Sully trolls his own fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Pretty annoying since Deshaun Watson was widely praised for nearly an identical play - the difference was Watson was pitching to a veteran TE who was heads-up, Josh Allen was tossing it to the not-quite-ready-rookie Dawson Knox.

So kind of Jerry Sullivan with a slightly different shtick.  The main difference that Sully trolls his own fans.

Or Steve Dangle (Maple Leafs fan). Watch any of his you tube videos. He goes off on the Leafs a lot especially when they aren't playing well.

• Like (+1) 1

I smell fear emanating from Boston... 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Dan, you're a simpleton and an insufferable homer. Let me be the first to give you a hearty welcome to football irrelevance. Belicek and the system and the oblivious beat writers will be also rans until the coach retires in a year or two. Fan base be damned , the hoodie won't sully his legacy and have the critics ask if Brady was the key to all the championships. Six or seven wins for all you spoiled asshats.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually love this article. There is an undercurrent of grief, and desperation. Shaughnessy knows he is utterly full of crap, and it's obvious. The more brazen, and audacious, and insulting his proclamations, the more you can tell he's just doing his level best to turn a blind eye to the blisteringly obvious writing on the wall. When your own team has a dwindling reservoir of hope, turn to insulting the competition. As the saying goes, insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1