Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Nah, I’m good. I watch every snap of every game including pre season no matter what the record is. Spend thousands over the years on Sunday ticket to watch the Bills and make 13 hour round trips to the stadium whenever I can. Been a fan for 30 years in a place where it’s not always easy to be a Bills fan. I’m in to deep to get out. Plus I spend a lot of time listening to WGR trying to hear Bills talk and end up getting stuck listening to these guys talk about the Sabres constantly. Makes me really feel a type of way about them lol

Ok, then forget what I said. You are a true Bills fan!

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, Jim_Kelly_Holcomb said:

Anyone who is not a Sabres fan is an enemy of Buffalo and all of its fans. I am disappointed in you.

You can either:

1. Renounce the NY Rangers and pledge allegiance to the Sabres, or

2. Renounce the Bills and choose to support either the Jets or the Giants.

I assume this is a joke- I have split loyalty between my Buffalo roots and my Florida life. Secondly he is picking one of the original 6 which you have to respect.

Anyone who is not a Sabres fan is an enemy of Buffalo and all of its fans. I am disappointed in you.

You can either:

LOL  

as a Kid I was a fan of the Red Wings and Amerks and went to their see their games. 

I watched the Bills but hardly ever the Sabres, unless they were in the playoffs.

15 years removed, (now 23) I started getting into hockey and I am now a Caps fan, because that is where I live when I actually got interested in the sport. 

On 4/30/2020 at 3:40 PM, Rocky Landing said:

I actually love this article. There is an undercurrent of grief, and desperation. Shaughnessy knows he is utterly full of crap, and it's obvious. The more brazen, and audacious, and insulting his proclamations, the more you can tell he's just doing his level best to turn a blind eye to the blisteringly obvious writing on the wall. When your own team has a dwindling reservoir of hope, turn to insulting the competition. As the saying goes, insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident.

I've already used my allotment of Globe articles, so I am unable to access it. But I would bet the analysis of EVERY AFC East team is hyperbolically negative. If so, it's obviously not meant to be taken literally.

If I'm wrong in my guess, then perhaps there is SOME legitimacy to those who's are butt-hurt.

You can either:

Hey bud, ***** the Sabres. Go Islanders 

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I still think that our games against New England will be tough. Of course Buffalo should win the division if they play to their potential but Allen vs Belichick is a tough matchup. It will be a fight to the death every time we face them. 

Just pull a Titans and ram the ball down their throats.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen is "mistake prone?"  I could be wrong, but he rarely turns the ball over.  

Can't wait to own the Pats** twice this year.  

He’s done work to shake that label but when you come into the league with a raw reputation and your last game is that Houston one... you’ll catch comments. 

that said, the articles generally way over the top 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

Bot!

On 6/20/2020 at 5:56 AM, Victory Formation said:

I still think that our games against New England will be tough. Of course Buffalo should win the division if they play to their potential but Allen vs Belichick is a tough matchup. It will be a fight to the death every time we face them. 

Last time we played them without Brady it was a pretty easy ( road )  win 

Edited by Putin

On 4/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

He's right about a few things.

1:  Josh Allen is definitely not the answer.  That will be obvious as this year unfolds.

2: New England is definitely not going to crumble

3: It will be surprising if McDermott can find a way to actually beat Belichick in a football game.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, Victory Formation said:

Isn't it McDermott vs. Belichick? 

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Isn't it McDermott vs. Belichick? 

Due to the cap crunch Belly will be suiting up on D ;) 

Ok I get what he(VF) really means that Belly owns young QB's but Josh has a few years under his belt and a better supporting cast.

Not to mention McD is getting pretty cagey with his game prep.... such as the Steelers Renegade song...that stuff is just clever. 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's right about a few things.

1:  Josh Allen is definitely not the answer.  That will be obvious as this year unfolds.

2: New England is definitely not going to crumble

3: It will be surprising if McDermott can find a way to actually beat Belichick in a football game.

Opinons...

• Haha (+1) 1