Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Obviously a troll article...but I think the shot at McD is honestly a fair one.

0-6 vs the Hoodie, the last 2 coming in a year where the Pats were not very good, and hasn't really shown any kind of improvement with his game management skills in 3 years. I like our talent, but am concerned about this guy's ability in big moments and if he is the kind of coach that can battle with the best. 

Agreed. McD does a great job at having his defense prepared for opponents. But a great game day manager, he is not. I can’t think of one single game the past three seasons where McD clearly outcoached an opponent and we won a game we should have lost. Hopefully his game day management improves. 

Have you seen this guys teeth?  Every time he is on ESPN I almost vomit when he opens his mouth.  Mustard yellow with noticeable plaque build up that is visible on TV!  So gross.  I can't take him seriously at all.  Plus his takes are always awful.  So Boston.

1 hour ago, Happy Days Lois & Clark said:

I don’t think Fromm will start over Allen, but Fromm does a good job at not turning the ball over. Allen’s 14 fumbles last season is a problem. 

Fromm isnt even guaranteed to make the team. I dont understand why anyone would even go there saying hes any threat to Allen being this teams starting qb.

Edited by Bferra13

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Fromm isnt even guaranteed to make the team. I dont understand why anyone would even go there saying hes any threat to Allen being this teams starting qb.

I don’t think Fromm makes the team...practice squad seems more his speed- especially when the Bills are making a Super Bowl run, you need the vet backup imo..

On 4/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen is "mistake prone?"  I could be wrong, but he rarely turns the ball over.  

Can't wait to own the Pats** twice this year.  

I mean, I’m a big Allen fan too. But c’mon man. Rarely turns the ball over? 

Interception wise he wasn’t that bad, but dude was constantly choking it up. 

• Like (+1) 1

this is called dont click....he writes these articles to move the needle....kind of a cowherd, hannity, stern, rush approach they dont even believe half the crap they say

9 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

He's the love child of Will Ferrell and CarrotTop. No wonder the guy is such a miserable prick.

ya if i looked like that I'd be really pissed off.....lack of sex can really take over your life (I'm told)

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

Who cares what a troll says about the Bills.This guy has always been a joke.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:24 AM, Billznut said:

Agreed. McD does a great job at having his defense prepared for opponents. But a great game day manager, he is not. I can’t think of one single game the past three seasons where McD clearly outcoached an opponent and we won a game we should have lost. Hopefully his game day management improves. 

Kansas City, 2017, coaching against Andy Reid, his former mentor. 

I'd even go as far to say beating Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh, in Prime time this year.  They out schemed and out prepared the Steelers.   Remember Renegade? 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:24 AM, Billznut said:

At Kansas City and Atlanta in 2017.

At Minnesota in 2018.

At Dallas in 2019.

If you want to argue there have been worrying moments where he has been comprehensively outcoached by good coaches, Belichick in the 2nd game last year (McDermott coached the first game well enough to win that was 100% on the players IMO), Pederson last year, Payton in 2017, Reich in 2018... then fair enough. But to say there are no games where McDermott has outcoached an opposite number with a more talented team is just flat wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, Josh was 2nd in the NFL in fumbles, but behind only league MVP Lamar Jackson. I'm always critical of Allen, but he can still become a better passer and I don't see Fromm taking his job. That just shows why this guy works at newspaper and not for an NFL team.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, Greg S said:

With the Pats starting to decline they will go back to being the 4th banana in Boston behind the Sox, B's, Celtics.

Brady has masked how horrible of a location that stadiums in. It’s going to be empty by week 8.

Imagine how good Fromm would have to be to start over Allen? I know it’s not going to happen but there’s no way Bills fans should be angered by the premise. If Fromm somehow won the starting job, despite it not even being a competition....it would mean the guy is probably going to be a super star. It also would mean we have 2 young, financially controllable qbs, we could win with.

I disagree, strongly.

But it remains a reasonable take From a New England-centric POV till one of the three AFC opponents proves themselves by bloodying the Pats nose. If I were a combative Pats fan I'd say much the same thing. The Bills still have a lot to prove. But this FO has showed itself smart since day one. They've made mistakes. But far fewer than most.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, Limeaid said:

It used to common for sports writers to bash opposing teams before bashing home team became popular as it has become in Buffalo.

Both have been popular forever.

But the reason home team-bashing has been popular for about twenty years is that we've been mediocre on a level of consistency that was kind of remarkably sad. The people criticizing the Bills were dead right. Lately the Buffalo media has started to turn. Not because they're jumping on the bandwagon. Simply because McDermott and Beane look like they're getting it right. Acknowledging that makes sense.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2