Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shocker.  A pain in the ars Boston reporter trashing the Bills.  Never heard of that.  Just like when I competed, I’ll let my competing do the talking.  When we sweep them they’ll change the tune.

This is just testicle-tickling for a nervous Pats fan base. They need to be soothed into believing their team didn't hit rock bottom. We'll see who melts when they play. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

He's a Dick. Stop reading NE press. 

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Meh. Deliberately inflammatory clickbait. Does anyone expect a guy named Shaughnessey from Boston to think any differently? Getting mad at him for being an arrogant Pats homer would be like getting mad at a cow for mooing. 

He lives off of making declarative statements without worrying about backing them up. in 2011 I think he said the Red Sox would definitely be in the playoffs-at least the one game kind- and literally 35 minutes later he was wrong, his opinion is Boston homerism at its largest.

• Like (+1) 1

To be fair if Fromm beats out Allen for the starting job the bills are in a really damn good spot.

Multiple first round picks coming the Bills way for either Fromm or Allen in that scenario.

So congrats to the Pats write for predicting a scenario the greatly benefits the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

I realize since Brady left that I want the Patriots to be bad forever.

And not some metaphorical forever.  Literally forever.  Like if the universe collapses in a few billion years and comes back in a new big bang, and somehow football is still being played, I want the Patriots to still be bad.

What a buffoon this guy is.  They've been winning so long they don't even watch other games anymore. Allen will be outstanding, and no way whatsoever are the Pats coming close to the division title.

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Why bother giving asshats the time of day? 

seems the writer shouldn't post stories while in quarantine while quarantini-ing  

Every single write sees the Bills fans flocking to articles in groves to defend the Bills and Allen

What better way then to get press then to float an article trashing them.

Seems pretty simple. he went the extra mile to add key words to really stand out.

Shoot, I clicked.

Read the comments - most slammed him for being a homer stuck looking in the rear view, and said the Bills should clearly be favorites.

The Pats were tomato cans - or, as was known in popular culture, the Patsies - and will be again. Soon.

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen is "mistake prone?"  I could be wrong, but he rarely turns the ball over.  

Can't wait to own the Pats** twice this year.  

He had 9 fumbles and 5 dropped Ints last season in a 9 game stretch. 

He got lucky. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've read Shaughnessy's stuff for 35 years since I moved from Buffalo to Boston. He's a decent baseball writer, but doesn't know jack about football. I think he must have been drinking when he wrote that.

For what it's worth, I've been wearing my Bills hat for my daily quarantine walks here  -- along with my amazing new Bills Zubaz mask that an old friend from back home just sewed for me! -- and if the locals comment at all, they're saying, "Bills are looking good this year"; "Bills are going to win AFC East with Brady gone", etc.  The tide is turning ...