Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

Until the Bills beat the Pats consistently--say three out of four games--this is what you are going to hear. The Bills won't get respect from Pats writers and fans until they earn it by beating the snot out of the Patriots. 

It really weird, I live 30 mins north of Boston, I've been listening to NE sports radio for years.  They freakin bash the crap out of Josh Allen to the point of just pure insaneness.  I never heard new england sports media bash someone as much as him, no joke.  Not Mark Sanchez, not Ryan Fitz, not Tanahill, I mean no one, it like it personal.  The Allen bashing line is long and wide behind Shaughnessy around hear.  I just don't get it?

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen is "mistake prone?"  I could be wrong, but he rarely turns the ball over.  

Can't wait to own the Pats** twice this year.  

5 picks in 3 games against them. Completed 50% or less in all three games. 0-3. Why should he be impressed or scared?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

It really weird, I live 30 mins north of Boston, I've been listening to NE sports radio for years.  They freakin bash the crap out of Josh Allen to the point of just pure insaneness.  I never heard new england sports media bash someone as much as him, no joke.  Not Mark Sanchez, not Ryan Fitz, not Tanahill, I mean no one, it like it personal.  The Allen bashing line is long and wide behind Shaughnessy around hear.  I just don't get it?

It just means they're scared. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Until the Bills beat the Pats consistently--say three out of four games--this is what you are going to hear. The Bills won't get respect from Pats writers and fans until they earn it by beating the snot out of the Patriots. 

This is where I am at. Some people seem like they want to have the parade before we actually start beating the Pats. I do think we will take over the division but its not time to celebrate because we look better on paper. May want to check 2008 out...

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

Dan Shaughnessy is the Jerry Sullivan of BAH-ston.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

What is he talking about?  He compares Josh Allen to Jim Kelly's father, Joe Kelly.  Does that mean he's predicting Josh Allen will have a HOF QB for a son?  

Sorry, can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic. Joe Kelly was a Red Sox pitcher. He’s with the Dodgers now.

He’s pretty universally hated in Boston. They call him “Shank.” He’s all homer until the team has a bad stretch, then look out. I saw Sox fans stand and boo him when he appeared on the field during pregame at spring training. Beer was thrown (Not by me; Florida is hot and beer’s expensive).

• Like (+1) 1