Boston Globe writer insults Bills. Predicts Fromm will start over Allen.

50 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

What a shame.  His father was a true professional and had class!  Now look what the son did to the family name after all the hard work his father did. 

Are you sure you're not thinking of Will (and Sean) McDonough?  Will McDonough was a classy reporter for both The Boston Globe and NBC and I don't recall Sean ever badmouthing the Bills.

Shaughnessy is primarily a baseball writer who is pandering to his local base here when he has nothing else to write about.  I wonder how many Bills (or Jets or Dolphins) games he's even watched.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Josh Allen is "mistake prone?"  I could be wrong, but he rarely turns the ball over.  

Can't wait to own the Pats** twice this year.  

Yeah it's not like he threw a pick 6 to close out the game, now that would look bad.

I haven't read this entire thread so I don't if I'm echoing somebody else, but after reading the column, it seems like it's a parody of what many Pats' fans are telling themselves, especially on sports talk radio.    This is The Onion-worthy.

Edited by SoTier

Mr. Shaughnessy is suffering from what is called linear thinking.  When some circumstances or conditions occur with regularity over a long period of time people come to believe those circumstances and conditions will continue forever in the same direction at the same rate.  In this case the Patriots have been good for a long time while the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets have been bad so they can't comprehend this ever changing.  But nature and life in general, and professional football too is a cyclical thing.  And when things change they never see it coming.  It's all right there for him to see but he's blind to it.   

He’s got the last 20 years to back up his opinion. But he no longer has Tom Brady.I have a feeling that Coach McDermott and the Bills will want to do their talking on the field.  That’s just fine with me.

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

Kind of a ridiculous opinion piece by Dan Shaughnessy. I had fun laughing at it. Here are some excerpts:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/30/sports/worried-about-patriots-standing-afc-east-dont-be/

"How can Belichick be so Bird-like, cocky and calm, while the Patriot dynasty seems to be crumbling?

I give you three words: Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

Meet the New Tomato Cans. Same as the Old Tomato Cans. The Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are still Moe, Larry, and Curly. They are knuckleheads, porcupines, and lamebrains."

"Have pity on those poor folks in Buffalo, Miami, and East Rutherford, N.J. They are naive, innocent, and foolish. The pathetic Bills Mafia and New York’s Fireman Ed actually think the Patriots are going to fall from their perch atop the AFC East this year."

"The Bills went 10-6 last season and are the flavor of the month now that Brady is gone. Sorry. Not buying. Mistake-prone quarterback Josh Allen is not the answer. Allen is the Joe Kelly of NFL QBs and will lose his job to 167th draft pick Jake Fromm."

"Meanwhile, based on what we saw from his choke job against the Texans in the playoffs in January, it’s safe to say that Bills coach Sean McDermott will dissolve whenever he looks across the field and sees the Hoodie. The Bills over the Patriots? I don’t think so."

The writer of the article got you good.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Will (and Sean) McDonough?  Will McDonough was a classy reporter for both The Boston Globe and NBC and I don't recall Sean ever badmouthing the Bills.

Shaughnessy is primarily a baseball writer who is pandering to his local base here when he has nothing else to write about.  I wonder how many Bills (or Jets or Dolphins) games he's even watched.

You got me - my mistake and thanks for pointing out. Nevertheless, my point stands about the low class remarks by this individual about entire communities.  Name calling - no good. 

7 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

You got me - my mistake and thanks for pointing out. Nevertheless, my point stands about the low class remarks by this individual about entire communities.  Name calling - no good. 

Agreed.  I'm surprised the Globe indulges the stuff but I guess I shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Pretty annoying since Deshaun Watson was widely praised for nearly an identical play - the difference was Watson was pitching to a veteran TE who was heads-up, Josh Allen was tossing it to the not-quite-ready-rookie Dawson Knox.

So kind of Jerry Sullivan with a slightly different shtick.  The main difference that Sully trolls his own fans.

A little different than Sully.  He’s more gimmicky where comes up with stupid names for everyone