deleted thread

Rigotz

So has Gregg Brandon done anything to warrant a firing?  If not why would they fire him.  Also would it not be prudent to use an outside counsel to investigate a Family member of your inside counsel for if nothing more than Transparency and Perception issues.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

The bigger question is, has he done anything to warrant getting the job in the first place?

Considering how Russ Brandon ran this franchise, you think his brother was given the job on merit alone?

How about he is a Freaking Attorney that has his own credentials and apparently those credentials have kept him here through an ownership change.  So again two challnges.

1.  What has he done to warrant a firing (besides be someones family member)

2.  In 2018 (article you posted) where is there any indication Gregg Brandon was in hot water

Sorry you seem to have a H.O. for the Brandon Family Name

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

When that family member is making the hiring decisions for an organization, I don't think it should be overlooked that the hiring decisions he made (i.e. his brother) might not be what's best for the organization. 

We get it, you don’t like or trust him simply because of who he’s related to and despite not knowing the kind of work he’s done for the Pegulas, you’re just going to assume he shouldn’t have his current job because....reasons.

Edited by Bangarang

Interesting find in this boring offseason, but I dont think it warrants any controversy or worrying.

He is his own person, and could very well be a very good attorney.

And even if it is an inherited family trait, a little sleaze is ok with your lawyer, but not your President and leader of the entire operation.

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I'm not going to link this, because I don't want to make this personal ... but look at his credentials and let me know if you think he is objectively the best of the best and we couldn't find anyone better.

Seems his credentials are FINE. As he survived an ownership change and a Family member firing.

Don't look to far you will see Overdorf still on staff too.

So far you have Posted NOTHING about Gregg except he is Brandon's Brother....  Yeah that sounds plenty Personal enough

• Like (+1) 1

I think it’s relatively common knowledge that he is the Bills in-house counsel. As far as keeping him, it should be entirely based on his performance and not his brother’s. So I personally see no issue.  He obviously chose to stay as well, so must not feel too uncomfortable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

When that family member is making the hiring decisions for an organization, I don't think it should be overlooked that the hiring decisions he made (i.e. his brother) might not be what's best for the organization. 

You know in North Korea when an official falls out of favor with the regime, not only is he executed but his entire family gets it as well. Maybe they're on to something.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Remember Russ Brandon? How badly we all wanted him out of the organization...

Personally, I couldn't stand Russ. I thought he presided over year after year of bad decisions for the organization and I wanted him gone. 

He was a "marketing guru" that cared more about selling tickets than crafting a successful franchise. Thankfully, he was ultimately shown the door.

I might be late to the party here, but in my spare time I was curious to review the full Front Office staff of the Bills:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/front-office-roster/

I was shocked to see ... right next to Brandon Beane ... Gregg Brandon, EVP & General Counsel.

I thought to myself, "this can't be the brother of Russ Brandon, right?"

Yup. https://buffalonews.com/2018/05/03/pegulas-used-own-attorneys-in-pittsburgh-to-investigate-brandon/

Despite all the Brandon Family controversy, allegations of inappropriate conduct, horrible decision making, there's still a Brandon in our Front Office.

Don't get me wrong, I love our current Front Office Staff ... I think they're doing a phenomenal job. 

I'm just wondering ... with all of the great options available to the Pegulas for executive staff, why keep this guy?

That's what Ralph was paying him for---and he certainly got his money's worth with Brandon in that regard.

"year after year of bad decision making for the organization"?  When do the Sabres fire the Pegulas?

And what is "the Brandon Family controversy"?

Huge fail thread.

• Like (+1) 1

So lets see what out of this experience says he is Not a good Lawyer

Student Intern - University of Miami Athletic Business Department

Club Services Intern - NFL (all NFL Teams) - Reviewed sponsorship and licensing agreements for all 31 NFL Member Clubs and drafted the NFL Member Club Marketing Commitments for the 1999 NFL season.

Management Council Law Clerk - NFL

Intellectual Property Associate - Howery

Attorney Akerman Senterfitt

Vice President & General Counsel - XOS Digital

Vice President Executive Counsel - Bills

20 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

The bigger question is, has he done anything to warrant getting the job in the first place?

Considering how Russ Brandon ran this franchise, you think his brother was given the job on merit alone?

I think the Pegula's think he is the right man for the job but what do they know.

12 minutes ago, boater said:

Continuity is a big thing in the legal profession.

Yes it is, being married to a lawyer, I have seen through my wife what a lack of institutional knowledge does to an organization, that and just maybe he is really good at his job. Most lawyers are good honest people, it’s that many citizens don’t know how our nations legal system actually works, so they get pissy when they see the sausage being made. 

18 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I'm not going to link this, because I don't want to make this personal ... but look at his credentials and let me know if you think he is objectively the best of the best and we couldn't find anyone better.

So lets see what out of this experience says he is Not a good Lawyer

Student Intern - University of Miami Athletic Business Department

Club Services Intern - NFL (all NFL Teams) - Reviewed sponsorship and licensing agreements for all 31 NFL Member Clubs and drafted the NFL Member Club Marketing Commitments for the 1999 NFL season.

Management Council Law Clerk - NFL

Intellectual Property Associate - Howery

Attorney Akerman Senterfitt

Vice President & General Counsel - XOS Digital

Vice President Executive Counsel - Bills

You have not pointed at ONE SINGLE thing other than being a Brother to Russ....  Really does already sound personal.

Also it is pretty freaking Low Class to go after someone because of who they are related to.  How would you like losing your job because your Brother was a Sleezeball.  

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1