Who is your favorite all times Bills player and why?

48 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Terrell Owens.  Why:  No other player did more in 8 months time (the length of his stay with the team) for the Bills.  Am I wrong with my assessment ?

Ticket sales, national attention, all things combined, its a good argument Coconut.

I'm going with J K,

and while this may sound a bit premature for some, 

Josh Allen a close 2nd,

Hey, you can't blame a guy for liking good QB's...

Edited by Figster

I’m going to go back in time and say Cookie Gilchrist.  I was at autograph day when I was 8 years old trying to get his autograph, and the bigger kids kept pushing me back.  Cookie saw it, told them to let me in, then picked me up and put me on his shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Ticket sales, national attention, all things combined, its a good argument Coconut.

I'm going with J K,

and while they may sound a bit premature for some, 

Josh Allen a close 2nd,

Hey, you can't blame a guy for liking good QB's...

Don’t forget the “key to the city” and he offered some painful (but necessary) critique of the organization. 

Coconut - I like that, but my heart is still in Western New York - I miss you guys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jim Kelly, probably. But I'm young so most of my football memory is from after the Kelly days. Still, I've gone back and watched a lot from those days. Plus, seeing his recent fight with cancer and what him and his family has gone through and how they have dealt with it is pretty inspirational.

From my childhood I've have to say that Eric Moulds was my favorite. Man he was good.

More recently Kyle Williams is a favorite. He was a great leader and a great player as well. Fred Jackson was awesome too. Those two were the only reason to watch the Bills for many years. You always knew Fred Jackson would come to play, even if nobody else would.

On today's team I'd have to go with Tre White and Josh Allen.

This one is too tough to pick just one. Since I go back to the glory days of the mid 60s I picked the entire awesome defense they had:

Sestack, McDole, Dunaway, Day

Tracey, Jacobs, Stratton

Byrd, Clark, Saimes, Edgerson

• Awesome! (+1) 1

All time great that I still feel doesn't get the appreciation he deserves because he has no ring. I know it's been mentioned many times but imagine Bruce in a 4-3. OMFG!!! He'd be the unquestioned defensive GOAT. He'd have a season record of 30 sacks along with 250+ career. 

Carwell Gardner.   Tough ***** I want to have on my side.  Awesome teammate that took ***** from no one

Leonard Smith,  Steve Tasker, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, and Bob Chandler are some of my other favorites.

And oh yeah- Joe DaLamielleure and Blake Costanzo, because they were cool to me

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Speilman. A short time with the Bills, but a tough throw back line backer, who walked away from the game to provide care for his wife when she was diagnosed with cancer. As someone who lost a mother, father and wife to cancer, I couldn’t help but admire the man, as much as the player.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I’m looking at everyone else’s responses and I don’t see any names from the earlier years (1960s), I guess we have a younger crowd here today; I only started following the team in 1981.  

As a result, I’d like to recognize the 1964, 1965, 1966 Bills teams as whole and say thank you for their hard work and for establishing a great foundation for the franchise, the city of Buffalo, and Western New York.

Okay, I'm an old guy.  How about Butch Byrd,  Albert Dubenion, and lookie lookie, here comes Cookie.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Favorite from the Way Back: Butch Byrd

More currently: Kyle Williams. 

Best? Bruce Smith. 

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This guy.  I'm sure many others had this poster on their wall too.

Vintage 1970's O.J. Simpson Hertz Promo Poster 17" x 22" ^ Buffalo ...

They probably only remember the Farrah Fawcett poster that nearly resulted in blindness.  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

They probably only remember the Farrah Fawcett poster that nearly resulted in blindness.  :)

Oh, Farah was right next to OJ on my wall.  Apparently he had a thing for blondes.

• Haha (+1) 1