Jersey Numbers for the new guys

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was eagerly looking forward to this.

Jersey numbers are only slightly less important to a player's career than what team he ends up with.

First, the good:

Moss chose wisely. 20 is great for a short, tough bruiser. Travis Henry redux.

Bass with 2 is perfect. Steve Christie mojo. Elite kicker number.

Hodgins will look good in 87. It's a tall guy number. I'm team "make jerseys in the 80s cool for WRs again!" all the way.

Now, the not so good:

Epenesa in 57? Yuck. I don't like hand-in-the-dirt-only guys wearing numbers in the 50s. Maybe it'll grow on me, like Edmunds in 49 did, but I'd rather he get 94 somehow.

Davis in number 3? I mean... I guess that's only temporary. He'll wind up with 13 when it's all said and done.

Jackson in 30 is wrong. 30 is not a good number for a corner. Boooooo.

Fromm in 10 is...fine, I guess. Beasley must be switching back to 11. I guess I can live with it. Fromm in 11 has a better career than Fromm in 10, though. I'm just sayin'.

Listen guys, jersey numbers are important. Really important. Don't @ me. 

Couldn't agree more on Fromm and Jackson. Davis is in danger of being cut in #3.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Glad to see I’m not the only one ( @Logic, @Rico) who thinks WR’s in the 80’s should come back. I like some of the teens, but there needs to be a balance. 

Numbers matter, but eventually they become commonplace. I wanted Allen in #9, and Edmunds in a 50’s #, but I got over it. 

Edmunds in 49 really ***** me up. I came around to it, especially since he’s half way between a LB and a DB anyway.

I actually think 17 is perfect for Allen. Plus, if he turns out to be a great one, he’ll “own” that number, as there has never been a truly great #17 in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I really hope Fromm keeps 10, something about 11 just doesn’t work.

Watching Roscoe Parrish #11 in that 2007 MNF game was painful. What a weak individual - well, he was quite small, and not powerful at all.