Report: Bills we’re taking Dugger at 54 if he was there

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

I doubt they would have taken dugger over Epenesa as Epenesa is higher rated and can be utilized more in our D. Now, what would have been interesting is if Diggs would have lasted to 54. Epenesa or Diggs? Probably still Epenesa

How do you know Epenesa was rated higher on the Bills board?

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Because BB and McD always get the best players. Thinking otherwise is just foolish.

The top picks on our big board were actually all the players we drafted, and then all the other players.

This was likely Beane’s Big Board:

Epenesa

Moss

Davis

Fromm

Bass

Hodgins

Jackson 

Burrow

Young etc etc.

Just a tremendous job done by the Bills yet again.

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The top picks on our big board were actually all the players we drafted, and then all the other players.

This was likely Beane’s Big Board:

Epenesa

Moss

Davis

Fromm

Bass

Hodgins

Jackson 

Burrow

Young etc etc.

Just a tremendous job done by the Bills yet again.

4d chess

My guess is they had a plan to make him the big nickel back that McDermott was talking about.  He referred to Siran Neal filling that role and I am assuming they wanted to upgrade there.  That would probably be higher importance than a rotational DE of which they already took care of in Free Agency

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

My guess is they had a plan to make him the big nickel back that McDermott was talking about.  He referred to Siran Neal filling that role and I am assuming they wanted to upgrade there.  That would probably be higher importance than a rotational DE of which they already took care of in Free Agency

As Buffalo716 said, Big Nickel plays about 25% of the time.  Or about the same as a rotational DE would get. 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, Penfield45 said:

thank god he wasn't there

Epenesa is a far bigger talent 

And need frankly 

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

As Buffalo716 said, Big Nickel plays about 25% of the time.  Or about the same as a rotational DE would get. 

if you pick that sort of player that high I’m almost expecting he either fit in big nickel and standard nickel, or big nickel and base as a smaller backer. 

21 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

If we are to assume that the " big nickel" position was such a priority to them that they would be willing to trade up from 54 in an attempt to fill it with an athlete who is much older at 24, played a much different position and at the much inferior DII level, why wouldn't they, after havng missed out on said player, have identified other candidates for that supposedly prioritized position and taken one somewhere later in the draft?  And why wasn't Santiago packed?