Report: Bills we’re taking Dugger at 54 if he was there

As someone that is definitely an outsider (not knowing anyone here and living in a different state) and a lurker, IMHO, if someone like @Kirby Jackson  who has over 26,000 posts on a message boards says they have inside sources and that message board community vets believe it, then I would think its a pretty reliable source. No person/poster with that many posts would still be able to say all of these things without getting called out immediately by other vets.  

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It's certainly possible but I don't inherently trust leaks out of the Bills anymore.

So you're saying Beane was playing 5D chess - and tricked Bellicheat and his dog into drafting a player they didn't even want 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not what I heard. Dugger was their guy. They had talked about trading up for him but he went before they had a chance. 

And why are you hearing things? Why do you have a source?

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can confirm this one too. Dugger was the guy. They had even talked about trading up for him.

This was a weird year for the usually airtight Bills. The virtual draft had more info slipping out than usual. Additionally, they tried to trade up for Duvernay. 

I wish they would have drafted Darnell Mooney WR out of Tulane. He went 173 to the Bears in the 5th round. Bills selected Fromm at 167 in the 5th. Would be curious to know what they thought of him. 

Edited by PIZ

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean a lot of people hear things. It’s not a very big town. There are a dozen or so people here that have connections and relationships. Is that crazy?

I find it so odd this year there are so many folks who don’t know you. TBD band wagoners?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean a lot of people hear things. It’s not a very big town. There are a dozen or so people here that have connections and relationships. Is that crazy?

I dated a girl who was an Auditor for the Falcons.  She told me something about an ex-Bill and Falcon.  I wasn’t surprised.

I used train with Kalimba Edwards.  I asked him why he didn’t sign with the Bills after his visit.  He said they didn’t offer him enough money and Oakland had better weather.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Not over Epenesa.  I'm glad the Cheaters made it easy for them.

Exactly . Epenesa was widely regarded as the best DE not named Chase Young. Don't think Buf passes on him if Dugger is available too. Much more valuable position and much safer pick

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly . Epenesa was widely regarded as the best DE not named Chase Young. Don't think Buf passes on him if Dugger is available too. Much more valuable position and much safer pick

If that was the case, NE would have picked him.  The Pats have lost both Trey Flowers and Kyle Van Noy in consecutive years.

I don’t think it’s impossible to think both teams Dugger rated higher.  They always preach BPA.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you got it here. The reality is there were multiple times in this draft that the Bills wanted someone else but couldn’t get him. It doesn’t mean that they don’t like the guys that they got but they liked other guys more. That happens to every team in every draft.

I don’t get why this is so hard for some people to understand. You’ve got a board full of people, you can like more than one guy and often someone is going to take your first choice before he falls to you. You move on and do the best you can. Every round, every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I suppose they could have liked Dugger more.  But again I'm glad the Cheaters made it easier for them because I didn't want him.  Now we'll have to see how AJE does.

I really like Siran Neal, and I like the way he has developed. That said here are some alternative big nickel ideas...

To me the best guy would be Eric Reid. I know a lot of people would not be happy with him, but he’s done it before and did some of it  in Carolina. Honestly, he is the perfect fit for that position. Tall, long, fast, big, versatile and smart. But not sure they go there....however, Reid could be a key piece that truly makes this a championship level defense.  

The other would be Obi Melifonwu. Big guy, suprememly athletic. Not the intelligent, savvy player that Reid would give you, but Obi probably has some unlocked potential there. 

If you want more of a linebacker, maybe it is worth it to take a look at Darron Lee. I have never been a big fan of his game, but he could find a nice niche here. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

I find it so odd this year there are so many folks who don’t know you. TBD band wagoners?

Maybe some people just would like to judge the evidence as they see it. 

People can respect experienced voices but equally challenge them. 

In this era more than ever before, information is used as a tool, positively and negatively, so it's entirely reasonable for people not to accept everything they hear on a topic such as this without challenge

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Maybe some people just would like to judge the evidence as they see it. 

People can respect experienced voices but equally challenge them. 

In this era more than ever before, information is used as a tool, positively and negatively, so it's entirely reasonable for people not to accept everything they hear on a topic such as this without challenge

And I totally appreciate that and do it often on here. 

With that being said, I don’t put anything like that on here unless I know it to be true. That is true for some others here as well. There are a lot of things that float around through PM that are things that some of us heard but aren’t sure on. If it makes it on the main board that’s because it is true.

None of us want to put anything out here that they THINK is true because you subject yourself to criticism if it’s proven false. At the same time there is absolutely no benefit to being right. It’s just easier to say nothing. If there is something that you know to be true though, and it won’t be damaging if it comes out it may end up shared. This community comprises the best Bills fans in the world imo.

Personally, I don’t care who chooses to believe what. Skepticism is healthy. Just know that what ends up on here as “info” is only a fraction of what’s been discussed amongst board members that hear things. Unless they are certain that it’s true it doesn’t end up here. 

• Like (+1) 3