Report: Bills we’re taking Dugger at 54 if he was there

I believe Kirby so I will assume the Bills did intend on drafting him if he was there. They didn’t get him. So, will this be a high priority position in the 2021 draft? Any college players that would be of similar talent for next years draft?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They do similar things but who knows where the Bills had Chinn graded? The Bills loved Dugger. That doesn’t mean that they loved Chinn. The Bills probably loved Chase Young. That doesn’t mean that they automatically loved Bradlee Anae. 

The Bills wanted Dugger. The Bills were prepared to move into the 40’s for Dugger. Dugger was drafted at 37. The Bills pivoted and took Epenesa. That happens to teams all of the time. Every single team, in every single draft has guys that they want, that they think they can get, that are gone by their next pick. 

Anyone that talks with this much conviction you just can't believe. 

This regime is as tight lipped as I have ever seen, I just don't see some random guy knowing all this information.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I believe Kirby so I will assume the Bills did intend on drafting him if he was there. They didn’t get him. So, will this be a high priority position in the 2021 draft? Any college players that would be of similar talent for next years draft?

Was just about to say "If its in The Athletic, I tend to believe it. If Kirby says it, I ABSOLUTELY believe it' :thumbsup:

With regards to a priority position in the draft, I'm not so sure.

I expect Beane to continue to do what he does, and bring in some suitable FAs, and then if BPA matches up to that need he takes him, but if not he'll take another position. Plus, I think they like Johnson and Neal. So who knows.

But I dont expect Beane to ever reach for a need in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

This regime is as tight lipped as I have ever seen, I just don't see some random guy knowing all this information.

That's because you are new to the board and don't know Kirby.

2 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

I'm calling BS on the lot of you.  You don't know jack.

LOL at the newbs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's because you are new to the board and don't know Kirby.

LOL at the newbs.

That could be the case, but is Beane really posting on a message board as a dude named Kirby?  I find that highly unlikely

That could be the case, but is Beane really posting on a message board as a dude named Kirby?  I find that highly unlikely

Kirby is not Beane. We all know that. But he isnt that far removed from him either. Leave it at that.

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This board would have blew a gasket if the Bills selected Dugger.

Breakdown averted. ?

By "this board", you mean you, yourself, right? YOU would have blown a gasket. Just be honest.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

McBeane was NEVER taking Dugger over Epenesa, so this discussion is pretty mute to begin with.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Like someone pointed out.......

I can buy this Dugger argument more if the Bills took Chinn.

It’s all just pure speculation since no one has any idea where McBeane was going with the 54th overall pick to begin with.

1. You can only buy the argument if they put positional need over player grade?

2. Yes, they were going to take Dugger

3. I believe you mean “moot”

9 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

You can (and should) believe Kirby. If he says he knows then he knows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hypothetically, I wonder what it would have taken for the Bills to get from 54 up to, say, 42 to get Dugger. It's a moot point, obviously, and especially because it sounds like the Panthers may have taken him at 38 if the Pats hand't taken him at 37, anyway.

But just for the sake of discussion during this boring time, what would a tradeup into the 40s have looked like for Buffalo?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

By "this board", you mean you, yourself, right? YOU would have blown a gasket. Just be honest.

No, I think McBeane deserves the benefit of the doubt, no matter who they draft, but if you read the posts of other board members, they wouldn’t have been too happy if the Bills picked Dugger.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

1. You can only buy the argument if they put positional need over player grade?

2. Yes, they were going to take Dugger

3. I believe you mean “moot”

You can (and should) believe Kirby. If he says he knows then he knows.

Sorry, autocorrect. ?

I’m sure Kirby knows what he is talking about, but only Beane and McDermott know the whole truth.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kirby is not Beane. We all know that. But he isnt that far removed from him either. Leave it at that.

If that is the case, Beane would have put a stop to Kirby a long time ago.  No GM will allow a rat to exist in the building.

If a guy is handing out confidential information, he will not be allowed near anything related to the situation.

That's just the truth in the matter.  That is some detailed precise information that no one outside the front office should know about and it should not leave the building.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

If you’re newer to the board then this is worth repeating:

There are absolutely, definitely posters on this board that have insight into what the front office is doing and thinking. It has been proven on many occasions.

Sometimes they “report” such things in subtle ways, but if you’re paying attention you notice.

Also, not everything that is inside info comes out on this board—a LOT of it gets communicated via PM. That way if (and when) something doesn’t happen people don’t lose their minds. Perfect example is the AJ Green trade that came surprisingly close to happening at last year’s deadline.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Kirby's not just some random guy.  He's not in the business of rumor spreading.  If he's saying it with conviction, believe it.

• Like (+1) 1

If that is the case, Beane would have put a stop to Kirby a long time ago.  No GM will allow a rat to exist in the building.

If a guy is handing out confidential information, he will not be allowed near anything related to the situation.

That's just the truth in the matter.  That is some detailed precise information that no one outside the front office should know about and it should not leave the building.

You're taking this to too far an extreme. Folks talk. Especially around Buffalo where everyone is only 2 degrees of separation. Even closer for those that have worked in professional sports. Go re-read the thread and the nature of the posts. I've already spoken on Kirby's behalf too much. Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know how much you trust my info but I have a text that I sent to my dad and brother at 5:39 on Friday after receiving a text saying Dugger. If I can figure out how to shrink it down I’ll attach it.

I definitely do and am curious

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can confirm this one too. Dugger was the guy. They had even talked about trading up for him.

This was a weird year for the usually airtight Bills. The virtual draft had more info slipping out than usual. Additionally, they tried to trade up for Duvernay. 

When you say he was the guy Kirbs...... do you mean he was the guy they had zeroed in on as being most likely available at their spot pre-draft who they wanted? I mean when you first pick is at #54 that is a pretty big set of assumptions because who knows who falls or whatever. Or are you saying you have information that if Dugger had been there and the rest of the board fell exactly as it did (with let's say Jeremy Chinn as the Pats pick) then he would have been the pick over AJ?