Report: Bills we’re taking Dugger at 54 if he was there

"I talked to a guy with the Bills who said they were definitely picking him if he’s there at 54."

If you had The Athletic, Joe B and others were calling Dugger to the Bills for weeks, even trading up for him. But yeah with Epenesa still there, I don't think they draft Dugger.  

• Like (+1) 1

I can confirm this one too. Dugger was the guy. They had even talked about trading up for him.

This was a weird year for the usually airtight Bills. The virtual draft had more info slipping out than usual. Additionally, they tried to trade up for Duvernay. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Doubtful. Even if he was on the board and Bills were really high on him im sure Epenesa was higher on Beane's board. And was a more important need. 

Wouldnt surprise me if we were targeting Dugger (thinking AJ would be well gone) but with both on the board Epenesa would have been the pick 10 times out of 10

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t be so sure that Epenesa was higher. I heard this as of the start of round 2. Dugger was their guy.

Wow, that's really surprising.    It suggests they always had a round 2 grade on Epenesa and the "can't believe he fell" talk was just blowing smoke...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t be so sure that Epenesa was higher. I heard this as of the start of round 2. Dugger was their guy.

Even if true im sure they thought Epenesa would have been one of top guys in the 2nd round and go around same time as Gross-Matos. Even Beane said with about 5 or 6 picks left they knew they weren't gonna trade up because some really good players was gonna fall to them. Probably thought they'd have zero shot at Epenesa until like 5 picks before that.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Wow, that's really surprising.    It suggests they always had a round 2 grade on Epenesa and the "can't believe he fell" talk was just blowing smoke...

Not necessarily - they could've had a Round 1 grade on both, with Dugger getting the higher grade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Even if true im sure they thought Epenesa would have been one of top guys in the 2nd round and go around same time as Gross-Matos. Even Beane said with about 5 or 6 picks left they knew they weren't gonna trade up because some really good players was gonna fall to them. Probably thought they'd have zero shot at Epenesa until like 5 picks before that.

That’s not what I heard. Dugger was their guy. They had talked about trading up for him but he went before they had a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Disappointing that they didn’t get their guy, but I think Epenesa will have a better long term effect on the team. Who would Dugger have replaced? Andre Roberts on returns? Hyde and Poyer are the safeties. Was Hyde going to be traded?  Would he move to linebacker? I really liked him and he will be good on the Pats, but I don’t see where he would have played this year. 

I 100% believe that this is true.  I also felt Bellecheat was trolling the Bills with the pick and the "dog biscuit" scene.   Maybe paranoid but it felt that way.

I also think the Bills took Fromm because Patriots were going to grab him.  

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Disappointing that they didn’t get their guy, but I think Epenesa will have a better long term effect on the team. Who would Dugger have replaced? Andre Roberts on returns? Hyde and Poyer are the safeties. Was Hyde going to be traded?  Would he move to linebacker? I really liked him and he will be good on the Pats, but I don’t see where he would have played this year. 

Big Nickel.  Bills play 6 DBs all the time

• Like (+1) 1

Only time will tell, but sometimes the best things to happen to us - are the ones that don't. How many times in life have we all heard about a person who "should have" been on a plane, in a car, or train but missed it and was fuming they were late or delayed only to have that plane / car / train have an accident that could have / would have seriously injured them? Or when you miss the trading call on the floor by a minute and the stock rebounds or jumps to see the money made or saved in the thousands / millions etc. 

This could be one of those times, b/c unless Dugger becomes Reed 2.0, the DE is a much higher value position especially after Poyer's extension and Hyde's contract. But as I said, time will tell.

Edit: upon review, I saw a typo and couldn't leave it alone

Edited by BigBuff423