Andy Dalton Released

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yea, i think he is pretty good as well. Question will be how much will he want vs what the Pats will pay. He may not have much leverage...who else would want him as a starter? 

I know the Bengals think they are hooking him up by letting him go, but they could have done this at beginning of league year..then the Raiders and Bears maybe would have been in competition for him. 

I read Dalton asked for his release

I think the Jags, Steelers, Texans and pats*** will all make phone calls.  Pats* would be his best chance to start but he will be highly sought as a backup. Bills should call too honestly 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As of right now they don't. If they release Sanu that will put them at just above $0 in cap space. The question is how much will Dalton cost? He was set to have an $18 million cap hit this year, I'm not sure what kind of price he'll be looking for on the open market.

It isn't an open market. There are barely any jobs. And as Winston showed, QBs will take pay cuts to get in the right situation. 

Dalton could easily take a Winston type 4m or so deal, and bank on doing well and getting paid next year 

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As of right now they don't. If they release Sanu that will put them at just above $0 in cap space. The question is how much will Dalton cost? He was set to have an $18 million cap hit this year, I'm not sure what kind of price he'll be looking for on the open market.

Yes they do. Cos as of now they haven't signed a rookie.

Dalton will do a 2 year deal with some guarantees in the 2nd year a small salary in year 1 that allows him to go there and be a starting Quarterback.

Their ability to Sign a QB comes down to what they will do with 

Sanu - 6M in space on Release or trade

Thurney - 14M in space on Release or trade.

They do that and they have 22M in space this year (which will go to the QB)

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dalton has a fan base in Buffalo.

Very true. I don't see him starting anywhere. Maybe NE I guess. He is a good backup at this stage in his career.

If the worst we have to deal with is Andy Dalton replacing Tom Brady, I am upping my season prediction.

Dalton does not have the arm to fit in Belichicks offense. Period

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I read Dalton asked for his release

I think the Jags, Steelers, Texans and pats*** will all make phone calls.  Pats* would be his best chance to start but he will be highly sought as a backup. Bills should call too honestly 

Of that no doubt..remember he was pissed they did not trade him at the deadine last year ...timing is just not great for him

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

If the worst we have to deal with is Any Dalton replacing Tom Brady, I am upping my season prediction.

Dalton does not have the arm to fit in Belichicks offense. Period

He doesn’t have the arm to play in the AFC east. He’s a September QB. Arm can’t cut through wind.

8 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Not sure if Newton had any offers before this, if he did he definitely should have jumped on it

It’s not that simple.  Team doctors need to evaluate him themselves.  You can’t right now. 

but yeah, healthy Cam and Dalton are better than a bunch of guys starting this year.  I never got the hate Dalton got.  Not a top guy but was constantly a playoff guy and was playing like a MVP when the Bengals might have been the best team in the NFL and got hurt.  I think they should have kept him because I think Finley sucks.  

Dalton always was discriminated because he was a ginger. ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If Dalton signs with the Patriots -- that's a big if based on the money...let's say he does.  I think that he will be a lot better under Bellichick than he was last year under Zac Taylor.  Let's not forget that he was pretty good under the tutelage of that great QB whisperer Marvin Lewis.  At the  very least he got them to the playoffs.  Now he's the one of the scapegoats for the Bengals failure of past years.  Never mind that the organization is a horribly run machine. 

Dalton may be a good fit in New England.  And he may surprise.  There's a reason BB didn't draft a QB and I believe it has nothing to do with the QBs currently on his roster....or his dog.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jags is where he’s headed imo. Jay Gruden is the OC. I would be very surprised if Belichick is interested in him 

good call, did not think of them

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Can't see it. The Jags are aimg for Lawrence and it isn't subtle 

no way can Marone and Crew survive a tank year..dont see it

• Like (+1) 1