Andy Dalton Released

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, Marrone is probably really interested. The Trevor Lawrence stuff makes no sense to me that any team would purposely tank. It’s hard to ensure you get the 1st pick. Just throwing a whole season away and anything could happen with Lawrence between now and then 

I just threw in the latter part because I can't think of any other reason why Khan wouldn't have fired him during the season last year, much less at the end of it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I just threw in the latter part because I can't think of any other reason why Khan wouldn't have fired him during the season last year, much less at the end of it.

Alienate a fan base to make a full-time retreat to London much easier?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Doc said:

A QB gets a lot of blame for a team's losing record.  Since that career 2015 season, he's 20-35-1. 

Now would I take him as a backup QB on a cheap deal?  Sure.  Just not as a long-term starter.

Yeah, but from 2011-2015 when they had D's in the top 10 he was 50-26-1.

How does he do with a top5 D? He's easily the best BU $ could buy at this phase. One of the few glarring holes that this team has as well if Allen is lost.

It's pretty awesome when your teams biggest need is a BU QB and starting punter.

Edited by Real McNasty

19 hours ago, FireChans said:

So you’re walking this back. Got it.

You could have just stuck with, “I think Josh is better than those guys right now,” you know. “Josh is starting so he must be better” is shaky logic at best.

Buffalo Bills Fans: Everybody knows Josh Allen is better than Cam, Dalton, and Jameis.  Its not even close and only morons or haters think otherwise!

Also Buffalo Bills Fans: ESPN has Josh Allen rated as their 22nd best starting QB!?!?!?!  Burn down Bristol, CT!!!!! 

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Buffalo Bills Fans: Everybody knows Josh Allen is better than Cam, Dalton, and Jameis.  Its not even close and only morons or haters think otherwise!

Also Buffalo Bills Fans: ESPN has Josh Allen rated as their 22nd best starting QB!?!?!?!  Burn down Bristol, CT!!!!! 

All that matters is what these QB's have done recently. Dalton has sucked for years. Cam has been injured and has not played well when healthy in recent seasons. Winston throws 5 million picks a game and is a walking time bomb in off the field incidents. There's a reason they are on the street. Doesn't matter what they once did. Only recent seasons matter.

Josh Allen just took his team to the playoffs.

The problem with Winston and Newton is they are terrible backup material (especially Cam). They only work as starters. Dalton seems like he has the temperament to be able to handle that kind of change, but who knows? I think he'll get a job long, long before the other two.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

All that matters is what these QB's have done recently. Dalton has sucked for years. Cam has been injured and has not played well when healthy in recent seasons. Winston throws 5 million picks a game and is a walking time bomb in off the field incidents. There's a reason they are on the street. Doesn't matter what they once did. Only recent seasons matter.

Josh Allen just took his team to the playoffs.

The problem with Winston and Newton is they are terrible backup material (especially Cam). They only work as starters. Dalton seems like he has the temperament to be able to handle that kind of change, but who knows? I think he'll get a job long, long before the other two.

Winston signed with the Saints to backup Brees.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, Marrone is probably really interested. The Trevor Lawrence stuff makes no sense to me that any team would purposely tank. It’s hard to ensure you get the 1st pick. Just throwing a whole season away and anything could happen with Lawrence between now and then 

...BIGGER question may be are THEY interested in Marrone??............BTW, the absence of no "bring Dalton in....cut Barkley.....and Jake State Fromm to the PS" threads is becoming a concern....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...BIGGER question may be are THEY interested in Marrone??............BTW, the absence of no "bring Dalton in....cut Barkley.....and Jake State Fromm to the PS" threads is becoming a concern....

It is just a sign of lack of sports - since nothing to distract some these is becoming more inane speculation than usual.