Andy Dalton Released

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dalton is a much better QB than Winston lol he’s been to the playoffs multiple times unlike Winston and Winston is coming off a 30 int season last year and just got pushed out the door in favor of a 45 year old QB

False (exaggeration)  information does not aid in your argument.

Born: August 3, 1977 (age 42 years)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

False (exaggeration) does not aid in your argument or maybe you are just clueless?

Maybe you are. Or maybe your just a homer for Winston. Winston can’t read defenses and you want him to come here. Jesus Christ, I’d take 100 Andy daltons over Winston any day of the week. And no what I said are facts, you don’t like what I have to say then Don’t bother replying 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Maybe you are. Or maybe your just a homer for Winston. Winston can’t read defenses and you want him to come here. Jesus Christ, I’d take 100 Andy daltons over Winston any day of the week. And no what I said are facts, you don’t like what I have to say then Don’t bother replying 

I think Winston has been a waste of a 1st round pick since beginning and would not want him as backup QB even over Barkley.

The fact is you stated the wrong age for the QB.  That is all I was commenting on.

If Dalton is willing to come here as a backup at a reasonable salary then signing him is a no brainer.  Cut Barkley and save 1.8 million.  Dalton may be able to teach Allen a thing or two and step in if Allen goes down and win some games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think Winston has been a waste of a 1st round pick since beginning and would not want him as backup QB even over Barkley.

The fact is you stated the wrong age for the QB.  That is all I was commenting on.

Lol I see that and I apologize 

Hope he stays away from Pats, we need a break.  Dalton would be instant starter in Jacksonville, should easily beat out Minshew the mustache!  Odd that they didn’t draft a qb, doubt they will stick with a 6 th round pick long term with no competition.  Hope this happens just to keep him out of our division and away from pats. No way is he coming to B lo after we used a 5 th for a long term back up solution. 

Patriots

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is New England's next Quarterback. They can find a way to make enough cap space to bring him in and kick the can into 2021 when their cap is reasonably healthy.

I did tell people all offseason there was zero chance he stayed at Cincy as their backup Quarterback.

could they lose for Lawrence??

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We'd be a better team right now with Dalton at QB, but it's not happening.

The jury's still out on Allen but if you compare Allen's stats last year with Dalton's career average you'll see that you're getting more with Allen because of his rushing ability.  Dalton's always had the benefit of a true #1 WR with AJ Green along with a solid defense under Marvin Lewis.  You saw what happened to him when he lost both last year.  Allen's ceiling is high enough to regularly compete for a Super Bowl while Dalton has proven he can only take a team so far (0-4 in the playoffs).  I'd still take Dalton as our backup in a heartbeat though.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We'd be a better team right now with Dalton at QB, but it's not happening.

People that don't like Josh Allen usually like to knock his accuracy (citing completion percentage), and his supposed "reckless" play (citing turnovers).

At the same time, Dalton is usually considered a super-accurate passer and game-manager who avoids mistakes.

Allen's completion percentage in 2019 was 58.8%.

Dalton's last three seasons were 59.5%, 61.9% and 59.9%.  His career average is only 62%.

Allen threw 9 interceptions last season, and 12 interceptions as a rookie.

Dalton threw 14 interceptions in less games last year, preceded by 11 and 12 the years before.  His career average is 13 picks per season.

So all homerism aside, let's be real here...

Dalton has been around a full decade in the NFL, and clearly peaked about 5 seasons ago.  Allen was a super-raw project, who is only entering his third season in the league and still has tons of potential to improve.  Yet their numbers over the last 2-3 seasons have been remarkably comparable.  That's without starting to consider Allen's running ability (especially in the Red Zone).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure they are bad enough. If they go with Stidham or Hoyer I still think they will win 5 or 6 games of the 16-13 variety.

They had 7 D/ST touchdowns last year including 2 blocked punts.  Defensive scores, and takeaways in general are hard things to control year over year.  The way to control TO differential is to not turn the ball over.  They just added 2 new TE's and they have a solid stable of running backs, and a better offensive line than a year ago based on health. 

They're going to run the ball and probably set up Stidham with playaction.  Lots of screens and backshoulder stuff that won't result in turnovers, and they'll target edelman for some easy yards.  Doing as much stuff as possible to make it easy on Stidham, and make it easier on their defense.

Their defense maintains a strong secondary and had strong depth a year ago.  They blitz so much I'm not sure the Van Noy loss is that huge.  So many young QBs in the league and they just force them to make mistakes.  

If the defense maintains their hold as a top 5 yardage defense (#1 last year), and can still generate something like 25 or so takeaways (36 last year) - they'll be in the playoff race.

9 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Hope he stays away from Pats, we need a break.  Dalton would be instant starter in Jacksonville, should easily beat out Minshew the mustache!  Odd that they didn’t draft a qb, doubt they will stick with a 6 th round pick long term with no competition.  Hope this happens just to keep him out of our division and away from pats. No way is he coming to B lo after we used a 5 th for a long term back up solution. 

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

Jaguars make the most sense with Jay Gruden.

You'd think Marrone would be clamoring for him, or Newton or someone else.  Then again, maybe he was promised to be kept on another year at his salary to ensure a tank for Trevor? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

You'd think Marrone would be clamoring for him, or Newton or someone else.  Then again, maybe he was promised to be kept on another year at his salary to ensure a tank for Trevor? 

Right, Marrone is probably really interested. The Trevor Lawrence stuff makes no sense to me that any team would purposely tank. It’s hard to ensure you get the 1st pick. Just throwing a whole season away and anything could happen with Lawrence between now and then 

• Like (+1) 1