Andy Dalton Released

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

3-13... 8-8 against baltimore though and 12-5 against the browns.  So he wasn't terrible against the rest of the division 

Is he?  Winston just got 1 million.  There's no market for his services at 18 million. 

Dalton is a much better QB than Winston lol he’s been to the playoffs multiple times unlike Winston and Winston is coming off a 30 int season last year and just got pushed out the door in favor of a 45 year old QB

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

He'd be an excellent backup, but I'm not sure if he wants to do that.

It's Post-draft and Cam newtons still a free agent.  Many teams are strapped for cap space. 

Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards last year, is younger, and just signed a deal for a million dollars.  He's at the rock bottom of his value at the moment.  Just sign somewhere where you might get some playing time and hit open free agency next year when teams have money to spend.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dalton is a much better QB than Winston lol he’s been to the playoffs multiple times unlike Winston and Winston is coming off a 30 int season last year and just got pushed out the door in favor of a 45 year old QB

He's 0-4 in the playoffs and hasn't made it in 5 years.  Nobody has cap space to give the guy 18 million, nor should they. 

54 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

:lol:  I agree. People who don't pay any attention to the Bills are woefully misinformed.

And yet all those QB's are unemployed right now, while Allen is having a team built around him. Funny how life works.

Josh Rosen has a job too right now. He must be a much better QB than Cam, Jameis, and Dalton. I am very smart.

Edited by FireChans
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dneveu said:

It's Post-draft and Cam newtons still a free agent.  Many teams are strapped for cap space. 

Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards last year, is younger, and just signed a deal for a million dollars.  He's at the rock bottom of his value at the moment.  Just sign somewhere where you might get some playing time and hit open free agency next year when teams have money to spend.

He's 0-4 in the playoffs and hasn't made it in 5 years.  Nobody has cap space to give the guy 18 million, nor should they. 

He’s not going to New England I guarantee he goes to Pittsburgh since they can’t count on Big Ben to stay healthy 

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh, so Gardner Minshew and Mitch Trubisky are so much better than Cam, Winston and Dalton. I am still very smart.

Then explain why teams let these gift-from-the-gods QBs go? Jax could sign anyone of them to replace Minshew....but they haven't.  Winston had to take a backup job. Cam and Flacco? Crickets. Dalton is still fresh on the beach so who knows.  He could end up with the Pats if they cut a few big contacts, but I doubt it.

I get that having people speak well of the Bills is disconcerting. It must really be hard on the TBD Fellowship of the Miserable.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh, so Gardner Minshew and Mitch Trubisky are so much better than Cam, Winston and Dalton. I am still very smart.

Nope your just picking qbs who are on a rookie contract and don’t cost very much. Observant, not smart...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just don’t see anyone bringing him in as a starter. 

Jacksonville would give him a shot to compete for a starting job and of course the Pats probably would toss him into a QB competition. Overall I think he isn't going to have any better shot to start other than being in a QB competition. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then explain why teams let these gift-from-the-gods QBs go? Jax could sign anyone of them to replace Minshew....but they haven't.  Winston had to take a backup job. Cam and Flacco? Crickets. Dalton is still fresh on the beach so who knows.  He could end up with the Pats if they cut a few big contacts, but I doubt it.

I get that having people speak well of the Bills is disconcerting. It must really be hard on the TBD Fellowship of the Miserable.

So are you going on record right now that Mitch Trubisky is better than Dalton, Cam and Winston? 

Don’t be wishy-washy. He’s got a job and is a starter! That was your (silly) argument two posts ago. Stick with it man!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Nope your just picking qbs who are on a rookie contract and don’t cost very much. Observant, not smart...

Josh Allen is on a rookie contract. And the Bears just picked up a sizable cap hit to bring Foles aboard. 

You have to follow along if you want to participate. 

Just now, FireChans said:

So are you going on record right now that Mitch Trubisky is better than Dalton, Cam and Winston? 

Don’t be wishy-washy. He’s got a job and is a starter! That was your (silly) argument two posts ago. Stick with it man!

Like @Meatloaf63 said, contracts play into it.  If Minshew or Trubisky made what Newton and Dalton made they wouldn't be around either. I know anything harder than yes/no answers are hard for you but try.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Josh Allen is on a rookie contract. And the Bears just picked up a sizable cap hit to bring Foles aboard. 

You have to follow along if you want to participate. 

You’re right, I didn’t read every post in this thread, but they were able to bring in Foles because they have Trubisky on a rookie contract. Your still not as smart as you think you are...

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Outside this board, I think you would find yourself in the distinct minority on this issue.  Allen has yet to put up a season that compares to what Cam, Dalton, and Winston have done in the past.  As it stands, Allen is a developing QB who isn't asked to do too much due to a stout defense.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

:lol:  I agree. People who don't pay any attention to the Bills are woefully misinformed.

And yet all those QB's are unemployed right now, while Allen is having a team built around him. Funny how life works.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like @Meatloaf63 said, contracts play into it.  If Minshew or Trubisky made what Newton and Dalton made they wouldn't be around either. I know anything harder than yes/no answers are hard for you but try.

So you’re walking this back. Got it.

You could have just stuck with, “I think Josh is better than those guys right now,” you know. “Josh is starting so he must be better” is shaky logic at best.

Edited by FireChans