Andy Dalton Released

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean you don’t want either to play but Hoyer is the better player and has played in a lot more games.  

Doesn't matter much.  He's nothing special just like Barkley.

17 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

The point to stop worrying about other teams is when the Bills can consistently beat the best teams in the league. Even though the bills seem to be on the right track and are showing a lot of promise, they haven't shown to be a top 5 AFC team yet.

They were literally the #5 seed in the AFC last year. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Winston, Cam, and/ or Dalton.  It’s not even a knock on Dalton because those guys have all had big moments in the nfl.  But in an open competition at training camp, do I think they could look better than Allen? Absolutely. 

Well I think you'd be in the minority.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is true... Id love for the Bills to sign Dalton. 

For an organization that preaches competition he is the perfect signing to push Allen.... and they wouldn't be completely ***** if Allen gets hurt too.... but Dalton is going to look for a starting job I presume...

Here's the thing tho...

If Allen gets hurt, do we really want someone who is OK enough to get us to 8-8?

Or do we follow the 49ers model? Jimmy G went down and they sucked, and that ultimately landed them Bosa. Which just stacked their team for when Jimmy G did come back and took them to the Super Bowl.

I vote latter.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Here's the thing tho...

If Allen gets hurt, do we really want someone who is OK enough to get us to 8-8?

Or do we follow the 49ers model? Jimmy G went down and they sucked, and that ultimately landed them Bosa. Which just stacked their team for when Jimmy G did come back and took them to the Super Bowl.

I vote latter.

No, follow the Eagles model instead. Do they win that Superbowl without a competent BU in Foles? 100% no

The Bills D, WR core, and RB core are good enough to take this team far Trent Dilfer style. There is zero reason for the Bills to not have a highly competent BU in case Allen goes down. 

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Here's the thing tho...

I vote latter.

Agreed. My mind changes if you are the Saints and you are at the end of a Superbowl window and have loaded up for a run. But for teams like the 9ers and the Bills with reasonably young cores.... if Josh goes down for the year and they go 5-11 with Barkley.... oh well. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

No, follow the Eagles model instead. Do they win that Superbowl without a competent BU in Foles? 100% no

The Bills D, WR core, and RB core are good enough to take this team far Trent Dilfer style. There is zero reason for the Bills to not have a highly competent BU in case Allen goes down. 

You think Dalton takes this team to the Super Bowl?

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Um pretty sure Dalton and the Bengals won 12 games in 2015.... he's capable ala what Teddy Bridgewater did for the Saints last season. 

5 years ago? That's an entire lifetime in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Um pretty sure Dalton and the Bengals won 12 games in 2015.... he's capable ala what Teddy Bridgewater did for the Saints last season.

You're using his best season from 5 years ago?

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

If the worst we have to deal with is Andy Dalton replacing Tom Brady, I am upping my season prediction.

Dalton does not have the arm to fit in Belichicks offense. Period

Um, if Tom Brady’s arm worked in NE’s offense the last few seasons then Andy Dalton’s arm can work in that offense.  I know there was a ton of other stuff that played into it like presnap reads, audibles for motion to expose defenses and a quick release - and I’m not comparing Dalton to Brady - but if we’re just talking arm strength then Dalton passes the minimum if Brady did. 

As for Dalton getting cut, that was an obvious move by a notoriously cheap owner.  They had been trying to trade him, but no one wanted him with that contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Here's the thing tho...

I vote latter.

Depends.  Are you talking about a season ending injury in week 1 or a ding that keeps Allen out for 4 games?   If I think my starter is capable of winning a SB, then give me the guy that can go .500 with a good team around him.  Four games with a good versus garbage QB2 behind center could be the difference between 11-5 and 9-7. 

• Like (+1) 5