Andy Dalton Released

Listen, let's not be scared of Andy Dalton in NE. Really?

Didn't we just beat him last in our home opener with our new QB and a 'question mark as to how good they are' Bills team of our own? 

New England can/probably will find a way to squeeze Dalton under their cap, and he would represent an upgrade from Stidham/Hoyer.

But if so, let's pump the brakes on this whole "NE is set, they just took care of all their problems" mindset.

I know it sounds weird, Bills fans... but THEY still have to come through US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LFG

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Jags on line 2, and holding.  I’d lay $ he ends up in one of those two places.  He is a Pats type of QB, and Jay Gruden who was his Bengals OC is now OC for Jax.

He’s a pats type of QB in that he gets the ball out fast, but belichick typically goes after players who have done well against him. Dalton would be the opposite of that. 

6 minutes ago, Cal said:

He would be a great veteran backup for Allen. I stated that in a previous post. Yet we draft noodle arm Fromm. Hopefully the Bills are still considering this.

The Bills aren’t bringing in anyone that could look better than Allen. I both hate it and also understand it.  

4 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

Didn't we just beat him last in our home opener with our new QB and a 'question mark as to how good they are' Bills team of our own? 

New England can/probably will find a way to squeeze Dalton under their cap, and he would represent an upgrade from Stidham/Hoyer.

But if so, let's pump the brakes on this whole "NE is set, they just took care of all their problems" mindset.

I know it sounds weird, Bills fans... but THEY still have to come through US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LFG

I don’t think anyone is scared of Dalton.  But we barely beat him on a 2-14 team with one of the worst defenses on the nfl.  Him going to one of the best defenses in the nfl is an upgrade.  It’s still not Brady but if they sign him, they are a better team.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a pats type of QB in that he gets the ball out fast, but belichick typically goes after players who have done well against him. Dalton would be the opposite of that. 

Is Belichick looking up Joe Flacco's number?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s not that simple.  Team doctors need to evaluate him themselves.  You can’t right now. 

but yeah, healthy Cam and Dalton are better than a bunch of guys starting this year.  I never got the hate Dalton got.  Not a top guy but was constantly a playoff guy and was playing like a MVP when the Bengals might have been the best team in the NFL and got hurt.  I think they should have kept him because I think Finley sucks.  

Dalton always was discriminated because he was a ginger. ? 

2015 I think. they had a really well rounded team and it was such a shame when he went down. Top ten in scoring O and D. Had Jeremy hill not made one of the most boneheaded fumbles ever in that wildcard they would have moved on and Dalton was due back the next week. That team would have been a real monkey wrench in the bracket had they just won that game. 

On the other hand I also always thought even back then they needed to be looking at qb’s because it seemed they had everything else in place those 3 or 4 years and Dalton just couldn’t rise up. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Their ability to Sign a QB comes down to what they will do with 

Sanu - 6M in space on Release or trade

Thurney - 14M in space on Release or trade.

They do that and they have 22M in space this year (which will go to the QB)

you think they'll sign a QB for $22M?

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jags is where he’s headed imo. Jay Gruden is the OC. I would be very surprised if Belichick is interested in him 

I think he might be willing to go to Pittsburgh as backup with incentives so he can complete against his old team.

Big Ben will probably be out a few games.

8 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

LFG

I agree. Even with Dalton, the Pats are not the favourites for the AFCE - the Bills are. But with Dalton as their QB (and I believe he will be) New England will be a playoff contender. With Sitdham / Hoyer they are a 6 win team.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s not that simple.  Team doctors need to evaluate him themselves.  You can’t right now. 

but yeah, healthy Cam and Dalton are better than a bunch of guys starting this year.  I never got the hate Dalton got.  Not a top guy but was constantly a playoff guy and was playing like a MVP when the Bengals might have been the best team in the NFL and got hurt.  I think they should have kept him because I think Finley sucks.  

Dalton always was discriminated because he was a ginger. ? 

Gingers are real? I thought they were mythical creatures like unicorns and the boogie man.

12 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

LFG

didnt we only beat them by 4 points at home and they ended up being the worst team in football?  dalton is good. we need to be better

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. Even with Dalton, the Pats are not the favourites for the AFCE - the Bills are. But with Dalton as their QB (and I believe he will be) New England will be a playoff contender. With Sitdham / Hoyer they are a 6 win team.

I think our fans underestimate the Patriots. Yeah Brady was elite but their defense is very good. Still think they are equal to us in that. Offensively we are counting on Josh coming up big. We're facing a much harder schedule this year as well. Not being negative but being objective I believe.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Would you consider Dalton an upgrade over Brady?  I would.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1