Bills 2020 roster is the most talented since when? The deepest since when?

Big Turk

7 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Ughh that roster hurt my eyes just seeing it.

I dont even remember FS izel reese??? Ryan Denney ugghh .. OG mike pucilio?? ... Mike Williams at RT yikes ... LB James "got slow motion juked by Pennington" Posey... The human statue Drew Bledsoe at QB.

I forget were we tanking that year?? We should have traded anyone worth a high pick like Moulds, R. Brown, Schobel, etc and started from scratch.

I thought it was Eddie robinson who got juked by pennington.  Or am i wrong?

Edited by dneveu
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I thought it was Eddie robinson who got juked by pennington.  Or am i wrong?

I tried to find that play and couldn't. But I'll concede you're right sir. As soon as i saw his name i had daymares about it. Ughh Eddie Robinson just shoot your gun and tackle him. He's slow as a turtle smh.

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Can you name a roster during the drought that had as much as that one. Is it ideal? No, but compared to what followed the next 14 years it at least made Sundays watchable. We finally have a quality team but you're gonna act like we've been in contention the last 2 decades? As a Bills fan that 2003 roster was as good as it got up until now. The core of that team went 8-8, 6-10, and 9-7 from 02-04 in a division when the Pats were dominating. Go ahead and give me a better roster from then until last season.

Ughh that was terrible going back through all those flawed rosters but I'll say 2015 was the only one i can say was better. Not by much though but it's all terrible looking back now. Idk how any bills fan (including me) thought ANY of those teams had any shot of making the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Ughh that was terrible going back through all those flawed rosters but I'll say 2015 was the only one i can say was better. Not by much though but it's all terrible looking back now. Idk how any bills fan (including me) thought ANY of those teams had any shot of making the playoffs.

I have been a Bills fan since 2002. Before last year, 2015 was the only roster I honestly believed was a playoff roster. There were other rosters - 2004, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2017 - where I thought we had a shot at the playoffs. But 2015 was the only one I thought was genuinely going to make it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I really liked the 80, 89-94, 99, 2015 Bills teams.  The 2020 Bills might be the best coached, deepest Bills team I have seen in my life.  Not necessarily the most talented, but the deepest. OL, WR, RB, DT, Edge TE...deep.  Kudos Beane.   Color me impressed

8 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I really like the 1998/1999 team; here’s why:

- number one defense in the league that season

- Doug Flutie with his excellent experience leading the team and many other seasoned veterans still on the roster (Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Phil Hansen just to name a few). Sure they were at or near the end of their careers, but the experience they offered can’t be underestimated.

- A really strong running game.

1999 is what I was thinking as well:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1999.htm

47 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I tried to find that play and couldn't. But I'll concede you're right sir. As soon as i saw his name i had daymares about it. Ughh Eddie Robinson just shoot your gun and tackle him. He's slow as a turtle smh.

chadbill.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

It was brutal...go to 1:37...

That 1998-99 Bills team had a FREAKISH defenses and some really great pieces on offense SAVE ONE @!#@ piece, of course...

On a side note...

The Bills/Dolphins MNF game in 1999 was one of THE BEST defensive performance the Bills have EVER had since the AFL Championship days...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1999-10-05-9910050179-story.html

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That 1998-99 Bills team had a FREAKISH defenses and some really great pieces on offense SAVE ONE @!#@ piece, of course...

On a side note...

The Bills/Dolphins MNF game in 1999 was one of THE BEST defensive performance the Bills have EVER had since the AFL Championship days...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1999-10-05-9910050179-story.html

My favorite defensive performance was the game where the Bills held the Browns to negative yardage until deep into the 4th quarter...also liked the game we played against GB when Mario forced the game ending safety by sack stripping Rodgers...

But had some really great ones last year too...I mean you know you have a great defense when you look at the stats and teams don't even have 200 yards of total offense...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This Bills roster is both talented and deep...no real weaknesses. Quality depth at almost every position and sometimes multiple quality depth players at a position...

So...when was the last time the Bills fielded a more talented roster? When was the last time they had a deeper roster?

Talented...I am going to say probably 1995, near the end of the Kelly era...

Deep maybe 1993...I think this might be one of the deepest rosters I have ever seen for the Bills and that says a lot...

Hmmm....2019?

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/215659-bills-90-man-roster/

5 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Well you know if they were able to beat the Pitt Steelers practice squad ?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Can you name a roster during the drought that had as much as that one. Is it ideal? No, but compared to what followed the next 14 years it at least made Sundays watchable. We finally have a quality team but you're gonna act like we've been in contention the last 2 decades? As a Bills fan that 2003 roster was as good as it got up until now. The core of that team went 8-8, 6-10, and 9-7 from 02-04 in a division when the Pats were dominating. Go ahead and give me a better roster from then until last season.

No doubt the most talented of the drought years by far, even with some infamous scrubs and the Brain Dead One at QB. On paper and for the first 2 games anyways; what happened afterwards was truly heinous.

• Like (+1) 1