Telvin Smith arrested

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

An odd law for sure.  It seems like a 23 year old having sex with a 16 year old should be illegal.  It’s not in Florida, but it should be.  I mean we’re talking about someone who age-wise should have graduated college and a high school sophomore or junior.  That’s pretty messed up.

Ya I'm absolutely not advocating for dating minors, just critiquing arbitrary laws.  The majority of teens incorrectly consider themselves more mature than the average teenager (same kind of mentality of drivers' opinions on their own driving skills), and people prey on that.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Football career is done.  Perhaps he can recreate himself and become a farmer, or something.

Or the president? 

LT came out okay too. 

And Kraft. 

Edit: Sorry, no politics, but I had to

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

17?  Half the residents of that state were parents at 17.

Weo, I’m guessing you’re kidding as I have lived here the last half of my life, and that is ridiculous.  Also, someone else defending the action is ridiculous.  My daughter turns 17 this September, and if some 24 year old guy was hitting on her, I’d kill the guy (metaphorically).

48 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I’m guessing you’re kidding as I have lived here the last half of my life, and that is ridiculous.  Also, someone else defending the action is ridiculous.  My daughter turns 17 this September, and if some 24 year old guy was hitting on her, I’d kill the guy (metaphorically).

Clearly not defending.  Making fun of Florida

• Like (+1) 1

On May 9, 2019, Smith announced via Instagram that he would not be playing football in the 2019 season, citing the need to "get his world in order". [44] He was placed on the team's reserve/retired list on July 24, 2019.[45] Police were called to Smith's home on November 27.[46]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telvin_Smith

18 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Kraft's behavior involved 2x 50+ year-olds - help me with the comparison. 

There was over 20 women not allowed to leave and sleeping on the massage tables, some of the women were believed to be under age but there is no way of proving it. I'm sure that the day Kraft got caught was his first time going to the place too. 

50 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Kraft's behavior involved 2x 50+ year-olds - help me with the comparison. 

There is no comparison.  There was a lot of BS released by the police dept down here.  There were no minors.  There are Asian massage places everywhere in FL.  The cops usually leave them alone unless they start selling drugs.

He took the year off to spend with his family... seems like a great man. Wonder how his wife or baby momma is gonna feel about this...

And honestly  what an idiot. Just wait till her next birthday if you were gonna cheat on your wife

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He took the year off to spend with his family... seems like a great man. Wonder how his wife or baby momma is gonna feel about this...

And honestly  what an idiot. Just wait till her next birthday if you were gonna cheat on your wife

Stupidity...

14 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

One weird thing about those laws is that a relationship can be legal for a whole year, until the older one turns 24 and bam suddenly it becomes illegal for a day until the younger one turns 18 then it's legal again.

If they're going to have these laws it would make mathematical sense to have it be a sliding scale based on relative age difference counting their ages in total days, not your arbitrary age in calendar years where the "age" difference changes from one day to the next because of when birthdays fall.  Kind of like the supposedly acceptable dating age difference of taking half the age of the older one and adding 7, so the supposedly acceptable partner for a 24 year old is 19+ years old, except you calculate it in days.

"Acceptable" age differences? As long as both people are adults then any age is appropriate. So, one can be 18 and the other 35 and as long they're ok with it then that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think is appropriate?