NFL Unveils League Office Pay Cuts, Furloughs

Lurker

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Am I missing something, or has the NFL not yet lost out on any revenue at this point? So this is essentially them saying they won't have as much revenue this season... Hopefully just because of the lack of fans, not the lack of televised games.

Crazy that they're matching COVID-19 donations while also cutting salaries.

they have lost revenue from the Draft attendance so far (not a ton but still revenue). 

My paycut from my job starts May 1st. I took a 20% hit (valid through the end of the year) unless our revenue projections perform better than what we are thinking. 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Well they have really scared you into submission. Be a good little sheep and stay home and hope for a government hand out. If numbers are going up it’s because testing is increasing. Overall deaths are declining except for the phony crediting every death to Covid it would be a lot lower. The death rate isn’t even close to what the scare mongers said it was going to be. We have destroyed our economy on bad advice and a poor plan from people who are clueless. 
The politicians who are trying to re open the economy realize we don’t of the money to do this any longer, the damage done to our children’s economic future will be lasting as it is. People are hurting and need to return to work. Hospitals are empty and worker’s are getting laid  off, some hospitals will have trouble re opening. The whole country wasn’t miss managed like New York, and thank goodness for that, it’s time to re open... Not even the NFL will escape the financial implications of this shutdown. 

Excellent post, well done sir.  30 million people on unemployment and the number is going up.  It is amazing that the sheep think we could keep going on this shutdown forever.  Simply mind boggling how clueless people are & willing to just go along with whatever main street media & the government tells you.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Gordio said:

Excellent post, well done sir.  30 million people on unemployment and the number is going up.  It is amazing that the sheep think we could keep going on this shutdown forever.  Simply mind boggling how clueless people are & willing to just go along with whatever main street media & the government tells you.  

I just did some reading on the 1968 Hong Hong flu . 100,000 dead in the US alone. No quarantine no social distancing. Just recommendation to wash hands. I’m not saying precautions don’t need to be taken, but this was poorly managed, too many with an agenda without science...

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

they have lost revenue from the Draft attendance so far (not a ton but still revenue). 

My paycut from my job starts May 1st. I took a 20% hit (valid through the end of the year) unless our revenue projections perform better than what we are thinking. 

I was hit with 15%, 40% of our corporate people have been laid off, with threats of more to come.

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys, there is 21-22% unemployment in the US.  The worst since the Great Depression.  Giving pay cuts vs. laying people off is a better alternative.  I can’t believe how many people I know out of work.  At least these employees still have a job.

I went to a driveway birthday "party" where there were 8 of us.

I was the only one still working.

Survivors guilt is a real thing.

11 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Hopefully the NFL eases their pressure on Bills to build a new stadium with the new economic landscape out there.

This pandemic sucks, but hopefully it puts things into perspective and humbles.

I think the opposite will happen. THE NFL will want higher faster revenues.

The Bills are towards the bottom of the list.

S*** or get off the pot scenario coming, IMO

On 4/29/2020 at 2:10 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Am I missing something, or has the NFL not yet lost out on any revenue at this point? So this is essentially them saying they won't have as much revenue this season... Hopefully just because of the lack of fans, not the lack of televised games.

Crazy that they're matching COVID-19 donations while also cutting salaries.

That's how you need to operate a business;  they are taking cost cutting measures now in anticipation of lost business later.  If you wait to act until the bad news is directly impacting your bottom line, you risk much greater damage to your organization.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I was hit with 15%, 40% of our corporate people have been laid off, with threats of more to come.

Yeah we had a round of 25% Furloughs. Pretty high actually for a Defense Contractor that won’t 1B work of work that starts this year. But then again we really don’t start getting paid on those contracts until 2021 

13 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I just did some reading on the 1968 Hong Hong flu . 100,000 dead in the US alone. No quarantine no social distancing. Just recommendation to wash hands. I’m not saying precautions don’t need to be taken, but this was poorly managed, too many with an agenda without science...

This Virus has taken on whole different life of it's own.  I often wonder if this hit in the late 80s, without social media would all this be going on.  Michigan had a protest yesterday with guys having guns over there shoulder with masks on.  If you didn't know anybody you would think the Michigan courthouse was in Beirut or a city similar.  Scary times and it is only a matter of time before one of these protest get out of hand and shots are fired.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I went to a driveway birthday "party" where there were 8 of us.

I was the only one still working.

Survivors guilt is a real thing.

I think the opposite will happen. THE NFL will want higher faster revenues.

The Bills are towards the bottom of the list.

S*** or get off the pot scenario coming, IMO

Yeah I really doubt anything gets built in any state particularly in NY though in the next 5 years or so.  They said yesterday that NYS is facing a 16 billion dollar tax revenue gap this year due to the lockdown & expect it to go as high as 60 Billion gap within the next 5 years.  That is some hefty lifting.  There will be no public funds for stadiums in the foreseeable future

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1