Did the rise of the Bills have any influence in Brady moving on?

I wouldn’t bet against it. At this point of his career he’s not about to set significant records as it’s about preserving them. I haven’t ever remember seeing greatness without egos and I believe that Brady understandably is about putting himself in the best situation to succeed and prosper and staying in New England wasn’t affording him either of those aspects.

Take case in point, I have always believed that Bill Parcels, as great of a coach as he was, cherry picked his way in establishing his record as a coach. He notoriously went after opportunities that were best served in his interest of succeeding beginning with the New England opportunity to the NY Jets to the Dallas Cowboys, he even advocated for the Tampa Bay opportunity in between the Jets and Cowboys tenure. He made a living out of exploiting dysfunctional organizations that had successful player personal pieces intact but were lacking directional and organizational direction. To me Brady knew it was time to jump ship, staying would provide nothing but failure and disappointment. New England is in the process of metamorphosing their roster well all the while struggling with their salary cap.

Brady can thank Buffalo for a good portion of his success and lore. His timing in New England couldn’t have come at a better time. Under an aging Ralph Wilson’s watch we had the “privilege” of being led by a PR guy in Russ Brandon. This organization was so out of touch with the current state of the NFL at that time that it’s downright embarrassing. That can’t be claimed now, under Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott the Bills now enjoy competency at a very efficient rate and Brady realizes it. In the last 2 seasons in particular the Bills gave New England everything they could handle and then some. Make no mistake about it, nobody likes to go recede and Brady knows that the Bills are no longer a gimme opponent. 

It’s a new dawn in the AFC East Division and while nothing is ever promised the future for the Buffalo Bills does look promising while the sun goes down on Brady’s career. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Pats and their fans don’t think us in slightest.  It sucks but it’s true. I walk around Boston wearing my Bills stuff and get comments like if the Oats don’t win, we hope you guys do or you guys have a great fans.  Now it could be that I’m so imposing ? but we just aren’t a serious threat to them. 

it’s why I hate that every week 3 Pats game is like a SB to us and they couldn’t care less.  It’s also why I wanted Brady to stay.  If we beat them now, it’s not the same.  It’s like hooking up with the old, hep c version of Pam Anderson and not the prime Before Tommy lee and Kid Rock version.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Tipster19 said:

Oh, I didn’t realize that they played defense.

Saints, Panthers and Falcons didn’t play defense last year in a ton of games. If you want to shoot it out that’s the division to do it and put up stats. 

The bills are not some scary team nobody wants to face. If anything Brady left the AFC over Baltimore and KC. We are not quite there yet. Our defense is tough but definitely not scary 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Oh, I didn’t realize that they played defense.

The Bills haven’t beaten the Pats once in the McD era and Brady is jumping ship because he’d rather face the New Orleans Saints twice a year, a team that has gone 13-3 the last two seasons with Drew Brees at the helm?

Come on man.

• Like (+1) 10

I don’t think Brady looked at it as the rise of the Bills as much as Stefon Diggs is in Buffalo and not New England...Brady being 43 is watching while Hopkins and Diggs are traded for to help their qbs and New England just sat on its hands he probably didn’t want to have to break in a rookie receiver or two when he can go to a much better state tax wise with not just good but elite receivers to throw two for the last year or two of his career 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Bills haven’t beaten the Pats once in the McD era and Brady is jumping ship because he’d rather face the New Orleans Saints twice a year, a team that has gone 13-3 the last two seasons with Drew Brees at the helm?

Come on man.

Not to mention that TB also plays the NFC North this year.... Assuming the season gets played ?? there are going to be some excellent QB matchups for prime time; Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford, etc. Not to mention that we’ll be getting a Brady vs Mahomes matchup as well. Nothing with that schedule is a true cakewalk. 

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Pats and their fans don’t think us in slightest.  It sucks but it’s true. I walk around Boston wearing my Bills stuff and get comments like if the Oats don’t win, we hope you guys do or you guys have a great fans.  Now it could be that I’m so imposing ? but we just aren’t a serious threat to them. 

it’s why I hate that every week 3 Pats game is like a SB to us and they couldn’t care less.  It’s also why I wanted Brady to stay.  If we beat them now, it’s not the same.  It’s like hooking up with the old, hep c version of Pam Anderson and not the prime Before Tommy lee and Kid Rock version.

Did Kid Rock hook up with Pam Anderson?  I know Brett Michaels did, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that any/all rock stars from 20-30 years ago spent some time with Pam.  Anyway, great analogy, I agree that beating NE going forward won't have the same effect as beating them with Brady and Belichick would have had.  We could have taken care of business last season, but we let that pass.

Put whatever spin you want on it but I never stated that it was the only reason, just a part that helped influence his decision to leave. As far as Tampa goes it’s rumored that San Fran was his first choice but they passed. Tampa was only an alternative.