Bills sign Bryan Cox Jr to one year deal per Bills Twitter

I’m hoping that this is just an elaborate ploy to get back at Cox. That’s why McDermott and Beane were on a zoom call with the 90’s Bills. They are playing the long game. This was a plan devised upon their hiring to sit in the weeds and wait for the opportunity to pay his dad back for being an idiot. If they pull this off Beane and McDermott deserve a lot of credit. All that they need to do is give him hope and then crush this young man’s soul. His dad will have to live with it  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My grandmother, god rest her soul, is rolling in her grave over this.  This lady despised the dolphins to literally the day she died.  While on her deathbed we were talking about the Bills and she asks me...who was that miami player that spit on the Bills fans?  I hate him!   Bills need to cut this guy immediately. 

• Like (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wonder how dad feels about this?

I was really young during it but is there any truth to the rumor that people were dropping n bombs?  I really hope that’s not true but given parts of WNY, it won’t be at all shocking.  

And honestly, I really liked the Cox stuff.  That’s what a rivalry should be.  Watching the Bulls doc, the Bad Boy Pistons hated Jordan.  That made it that much better.  Plus, Cox was great on Hard Knocks.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m hoping that this is just an elaborate ploy to get back at Cox. That’s why McDermott and Beane were on a zoom call with the 90’s Bills. They are playing the long game. This was a plan devised upon their hiring to sit in the weeds and wait for the opportunity to pay his dad back for being an idiot. If they pull this off Beane and McDermott deserve a lot of credit. All that they need to do is give him hope and then crush this young man’s soul. His dad will have to live with it  

If this is his plan, McDermott will have to do a lot of praying to make things right ?

34 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Wow does this mean his dad will have to be a Bills fan?

The funniest part of this is Cox was probably cool with the Bills players.  Fans take this stuff way more serious than players do.  

26 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

90s sports ruled. 

For real.  90s posters were awesome too.  When’s the last time someone cared about the Fins?

Oh the irony.  His dad sure took the Buffalo - Miami rivalry personally.  I think Brian Sr. has matured since then.  I don't mind the signing.  I don't hold grudges, and I certainly don't blame kids for what their dads did.  That said, he's a long shot in a very deep defensive line group.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I'm actually guessing he's having a good laugh.

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know they are father and son, but damn the apple did not fall far from the tree.  My temptation to boo and shout F bombs rose a lot when I saw this still shot in the video.

If there is a training camp, I may go a day just to "boo" him.  "Hey kid, this is for your dad, 25 years later..."

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If this is his plan, McDermott will have to do a lot of praying to make things right ?

The funniest part of this is Cox was probably cool with the Bills players.  Fans take this stuff way more serious than players do.  

For real.  90s posters were awesome too.  When’s the last time someone cared about the Fins?

4D Chess

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I know they are father and son, but damn the apple did not fall far from the tree.  My temptation to boo and shout F bombs rose a lot when I saw this still shot in the video.

If there is a training camp, I may go a day just to "boo" him.  "Hey kid, this is for your dad, 25 years later..."

Huh?

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just can’t get behind this. I’m sorry. Generally grudges dissipate but Bryan Cox was the worst. 

Agreed about his dad. He was a royal POS. But maybe...and hear me out here...just maybe he hates his dad and wants to stick it to him by signing with the Bills! ??

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think you're giving McD and Beane too much credit with this scenario.  I doubt they even care about what happened in the early 90s between the Bills and Bryan Cox Sr.; some in the front office may not even know about it.  I'll go as far to say that Bryan Cox Sr. put all that stuff behind him and is happy for his son.