Bills sign Bryan Cox Jr to one year deal per Bills Twitter

...or (alternate ending):

The Bills pretend you be cool with Cox Sr. They keep his son on the opening day roster. His dad is set to lead the charge as they look to bury the hatchet. Cox is waving the flag above the tunnel as Kenny Davis comes from behind and pantses him. While the crowd laughs in unison at a pant less Bryan Cox, Carwell Gardener sneaks in:

giphy.gif

...son gets released at halftime

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Oh memories

IMG_20200429_124108.jpg

Aw. I got my letters taken away when he was w the Jets, neon green C-O-X S-U-X.

NFL officials came up to the upper deck to take it away. Not the yellow jacket guys, but dudes in NFL windbreakers, with ties and earpieces.

It was a weird cold saturday game, win and you’re  in, i think 1998? we lost.

Cox Sr was on Hard Knocks a few years ago with the Atlanta Falcons. Actually liked him in the show. Was a no non sense coach who told players who dogged it they stunk. At night he would sit by a pool and smoke a cigar. All in all pretty good dline coach. 

Looks like Dline might be like oline last year. I bet Beane flips a couple guys for day three picks in the 2021 draft. Which btw helped get Stefon Diggs. 

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Wow does this mean his dad will have to be a Bills fan?

Bet that stings a little ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m hoping that this is just an elaborate ploy to get back at Cox. That’s why McDermott and Beane were on a zoom call with the 90’s Bills. They are playing the long game. This was a plan devised upon their hiring to sit in the weeds and wait for the opportunity to pay his dad back for being an idiot. If they pull this off Beane and McDermott deserve a lot of credit. All that they need to do is give him hope and then crush this young man’s soul. His dad will have to live with it  

Guilty of his fathers sins...

Hasnt Cox been complimentary about Buffalo since his playing days?  I could have sworn he has given the franchise and fans kudos a number of times.  

It was just a fun rivalry and he made it better.  I have nothing against him.... its not like he was a criminal or took out Jim Kelly's knee or anything.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Agreed about his dad. He was a royal POS. But maybe...and hear me out here...just maybe he hates his dad and wants to stick it to him by signing with the Bills! ??

Then we are required to

love the guy... ?

• Haha (+1) 1

All joking aside he was the most hated opponent in Bills history right? There were so many factors at that time that made him such. I was a little kid (like 10-12) and remember hating him. I probably didn’t fully grasp why but everyone around me hated him. There were some HORRIBLE things said in section H-2 about Cox and that Dolphins team. In fact, I’m not even sure that he is this kid’s dad based on what those people were saying.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

?

cox-2.jpg

As much as I despised those days (ref pic), I REALLY miss that spirit of competition and the rivalry as a whole.  Guess I’m too old now (age 49).  Wish we had those games again with the Wild West atmosphere at the stadium - IT WAS GREAT !

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside he was the most hated opponent in Bills history right? There were so many factors at that time that made him such. I was a little kid (like 10-12) and remember hating him. I probably didn’t fully grasp why but everyone around me hated him. There were some HORRIBLE things said in section H-2 about Cox and that Dolphins team. In fact, I’m not even sure that he is this kid’s dad based on what those people were saying.

I was 12-13 at the time and I assure you there was plenty said in section M-6 as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was really young during it but is there any truth to the rumor that people were dropping n bombs?  I really hope that’s not true but given parts of WNY, it won’t be at all shocking.  

And honestly, I really liked the Cox stuff.  That’s what a rivalry should be.  Watching the Bulls doc, the Bad Boy Pistons hated Jordan.  That made it that much better.  Plus, Cox was great on Hard Knocks.  

Agreed on the good old days.  Now that was a rivalry, complete with good guys and bad guys, characters all around, and a lot of great games.  Everyone is so anodyne now, it's taken some of the fun out of it.  Even Brady, who owned the Bills for 20 years spent more time praising them than making fun of them

He's Junior to this tool?  No way he will work out playing here!!

The week before Cox and the Dolphins visited Rich Stadium in September 1993, Cox told a Miami newspaper: “I don’t like the Buffalo Bills as a team, I don’t like them as people, I don’t like the city, and I don’t like their organization.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

cox-2.jpg

Edited by Azucho98