Governor Cuomo appoints Buffalo Bills owner Kim Pegula to New York re-opening advisory board

boater

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not sure what the gripe is about Pegula being on this board.

Did you all see who is on this reopening board? It looks like at least a 100+ people. 

Honeymoon phase is over....Pegulas are now full time whipping boys (and girls).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

Honeymoon phase is over....Pegulas are now full time whipping boys (and girls).

It’s really strange. They saved the franchise and put into place a great structure and we are winning and on the rise. That’s pretty much all anyone can ask out of an owner. 

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

It’s really strange. They saved the franchise and put into place a great structure and we are winning and on the rise. That’s pretty much all anyone can ask out of an owner. 

Well said! They saved the Sabres too but people read a story from Timmah and go nuts on them

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

LOL.... You have a point there. Actually Tom Golisano pry saved them after the Rigas family went to jail. I do believe their heart is in the right place.

No doubt.  I guessing this has been much harder than they anticipated.  Especially with the Sabres where everything they've tried has been a train wreck.

Sometimes stuff doesn't work out....when it doesn't work out 10 times in a row it makes it really hard to know what to do next.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I do have a serious question for you though. Since you seem well informed of the subject at hand. There is something that I can’t piece together. The USS Roosevelt. 5,000 or so sailors on board with absolutely no chance of social distancing. Your eating with hundreds, passing hundreds daily, sleeping with hundreds, showering. You get the picture. How did they only have 800 confirmed cases, for a 16% infection rate. I haven’t been able to make heads or tails of that. 

Annnddd so you see it’s not made up 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3018331001

Sure, I'll have a go at explaining the TR situation. 

Social distancing on the ship itself is not possible, No, but social distancing could be and was employed by isolating rack and work groups then by evacuation and isolation.
(The current tally of covid-19 cases among TR's crew is 955 not 800, by the way)

I would direct you to this graph, which shows the calculated impacts of social distancing on exponential growth:

image.thumb.png.4d06a1eed2b2a0ea53209d01ac4a590f.png

I suspect Captain Crozier, being a durn smart dude who studied nuclear physics and all, was pretty well aware of graphs like this.

Here's a plot I made of the actual case data from the TR, with dates in April represented as 31+Aprildate.  Source I took most of it from
The diamonds are the cases up to the date when Crozier sent his letter (indicated by down-pointing arrow)

The dots are all the cases.  The upward pointing arrow represents when 1,000 sailors were evacuated, and more followed rapidly.  Kinda looks not too dissimilar to the above, except the distancing began earlier and was more absolute (they were tested and stuffed into individual rooms, 100% distance)

Fundamentally, the infection on the TR was checked by imposing a form of social distancing by evacuating and totally isolating most of the crew
image.thumb.png.eb5e6515329b23f5bda53a5ab00d9194.png

Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

LOL.... You have a point there. Actually Tom Golisano pry saved them after the Rigas family went to jail. I do believe their heart is in the right place.

When Tom Golisano took over as an owner an examined the books he found it to be in a chaotic state of affairs where the hockey finances were intermingled with the personal finances. He in short order put the organization on a budget and straightened out the finances. To Golisano's credit he could have used the franchise's bankruptcy to not pay off some contractors. He didn't do that. He made a point to pay the vendors, even those he was not legally obligated to pay. He acted honorably.  

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, zonabb said:

I had a friend so disgusted with the Pegulas and esp her, he gave up his Bills seasons. Said he can't support these greedy, phony, leeches. Good for him.

Good for Bills. Better someone no longer pretending to be Bills fan and stick around and bash Bills if that is what he did unlike many bashers on this board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Serious question for those who are posting google links (i.e. https: // www.google.com/amp/...) 

After the amp is the link to the actual article which if you clicked on would give you actual link.

Did you just post the google link because you just read the google summary?  The google part does nothing but add tracking. 

It is like some sports writers who actually do not watch games but summary and stats because story is already done.

Good thing "Governor Cuomo appoints Buffalo Bills owner Kim Pegula to New York re-opening advisory board"

If they he had appointed the Sabres owner that would have been really stupid.   She don't know anything.

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

Good thing "Governor Cuomo appoints Buffalo Bills owner Kim Pegula to New York re-opening advisory board"

If they he had appointed the Sabres owner that would have been really stupid.   She don't know anything.

Most of her work for teams is on Bills.  She works a number of committees.

Terry's passion is the Sabres.